3rd year - Chapter 28

⚠️ mention of self harm scars⚠️

After a couple hours it got really dark and it was time for them all to leave so I could rest. I begged them to stay but no matter how hard I tried they had to leave although they promised to be back in the morning for me waking up.

They kept their promise and that’s how it went on for the next week. I only talked about what happened a few times and they all understood why I didn’t want to and they didn’t force me, which was great. Weall sat and talked, played games and had fun while I was recovering.

Thanks to the magic and Madame Pomfrey being an excellent healer she informed me that I wouldn’t be in the dreary hospital wing much longer. As much as I liked the break form everything and mainly everyone and it gave me time to think, I couldn’t wait to get back to normal and put all this behind me.

One night after they left. I had been sitting up for a while because I couldn’t sleep, Madame Pomfrey came rushing into the room and immediately started packing things up in a rush.

“Poppy, is everything okay?” I asked her sitting up slighting in the bed leaning on my elbows and craning my neck around the curtain to be able to see her more. Yeah thats right we've become so close I get to call her Poppy now. She has been an absolute rock through all this and has been such a wonderful help.

“Em, uh.” She stuttered “no dear, I’m going to need you to get up and come with me, I’ll explain on the way” she continued to rifle through her things and putting them in a small bag, most of the objects being some potions others looking to be personal effects. I hesitated slightly at her words but got up none the less.

I stood there waiting for her in my jammies, being some fuzzy shorts, fuzzy socks and a large muggle band t-shirt (holding the logo of AC/DC arguably the best band) of my dads which he had brought ne on my own request. It gave me comfort because it smelled like him. The strong scent of my dad’s aftershave, the small hint of mint and then the one that brought me the most comfort the smell of our home. It made me feel safe and warm when he wasn’t here.

I slipped my feet into my soft soled slippers as she made her way to the large door. She turned to me and tilted her head at the door as an indication to follow her which I did with no hesitation this time.

You both walked for a while before she began to explain what happened.
Sirius Black had somehow gotten into the castle in an attempt to make his way into the Gryffindor common room, now we were all to sleep in the great hall while they searched the castle for him to make sure he wasn’t lurking around anywhere.
After her telling me, my breathing began to pick up. The thought of a known mass murderer trying to get into the place me and all my friends slept was terrifying. I hoped people weren't hurt. Luckily she didn’t notice my picked up breathing and I managed to calm myself down before we reached the great hall.

She opened the doors and as I slowly and hesitantly walked in, it looked as though the whole school was there, it made me nervous because it has been about a week and a half since I have seen anyone apart from my brothers. I now wish I had put on a jumper because I no longer needed bandages but the scars on my arms were quite visible as well as the ones on my legs but luckily they were covered by my shorts and top.

I had asked Bekki not to come see me anymore because I didn’t want her to see that, I wanted her to know as the strong friend she could rely on. Much to her protest but she did listen to what I asked.

Once I was in I immediately spotted a big group of Gryffindor’s that looked to be all my friends. There sat Bekki, Hermione, Harry, Ron, the twins, Ginny, dean, Seamus and Neville. Looking around further I seen Cho standing with her friends talking quietly. Scanning the room again I seen my brothers standing with their friends and Cedric being one of them. I decided to wait a while to see my friends and walked up to my brothers.