3rd Year - Chapter 24

First day of classes and up first was divination with Proffesor trewlany?
She seemed like a kind woman, complete nutter but kind none the less. She was explaining about todays class and how they were going to be reading their tea leaves.

Harry, Ron and hemrione sat at one table while Davina sat at another with bekki just behind them.
To their right sat Seamus, Neville and Dean and Davina and Bekki were whispering and laughing with them through the whole lesson.

Over the course of the 2 years, they've gotten really close to a lot of people and their group is now big, it consists of:
Davina
Bekki
Hermione
Ginny
Harry
Ron
Fred
George
Seamus
Dean
Neville and Ginny introduced a new girl her name is luna and she is very sweet, she sits with them but not all the time.

Davina and Bekki prepared their tea cups and got their books out to read the tea leaves, she struggled a bit and it was clear on her face as the Proffesor came over to her,
"May I look at your cup dear?" She asks and Davina handed it over. As she looks down her expression changes to confusion as she looked deeply into the bottom of the cup and she just looks up at her.
"You got the basket, see here" as she points out a bunch of the leaves and Davina can't deny it does look like a basket
"It means there will be a new addition to the family. Maybe your brothers have met someone. Good luck with it dear" she says as she puts her cup down and pats her hands before walking away.

"Maybe your dad has met someone" Bekki says bringing her out her trance. She just look at her and give her a tight lipped smile.

Its possible her dad met someone but wouldn't he tell her and she's sure her brothers haven't met anyone 2 of them are always around her and 1 of them always stays in his work bubble. Surely its false.

The rest of the class went on as normal apart from Harry getting 'THE GRIM!!!" honesty Davina wasn't too scared for him.

Devination was in her opinion a bunch of guessing. Bekki seemed to look at it from a different point if view and loved a lot of it. Davina, Seamus, Neville and Dean just kind of laughed about it earning glares from their other friend.

——

After lunch it was time for a great class, Care for magical creatures and Davina and Bekki happily skipped down because it was Hagrids first lesson with their class. To say they were excited was an understatement.

They all gathered around a clearing in the trees and began to get their books out

"Open your books to page 49." Hagrid says as he begins to walk away from the group but is stopped when Malfoy spoke up, "Exactly how do we do that?" I mean she was glad he asked the question that was on everyone's mind but it didn't need be laced with so much venom.

"Just stroke the spine, of course." The giant says as though it was obvious. Davina done so and managed to open her book as Neville was on the ground struggling with his.

"I'm okay. Okay." He says finally getting up

"I think they're funny." Hermione says from in front of Davina as her and Bekki place their bag next the the boys from the previous class.

Davina glanced over to Malfoy as he starts to speak,
"Oh, yeah. Terribly funny.

Really Witty. God, this place has gone to the dogs.

Wait until Father hears Dumbledore's got this oaf teaching classes." Here we go again, does he really have to be such a dick about everything.

"Shut up malfoy" Harry says walking towards the blonde prat, Draco and his goons began taunting Harry before he walks over to their small group, he glances in Davina's direction with a smirk on his face before looking behind them all.

Fear creeps on his face as he stutters and points to the sky
"Dementor, dementor" he screams and everyone looks behind to see there is nothing there.

Davina groans and turn back to the boy, "God Malfoy shut the fuck up or I'll put you on your arse again. Or would you rather run of with pansy and snog her in the dark corridors again?" She thought it was about time to let him know about what she seen and why she had stopped talking and when she said it there was a chorus of laughs and subtle 'ooooh' from some students.

He looked confused for a second before he realised what she was insinuating. He looked back at her, he seemed sorry but the damage was already done, she already dealt with it and was over it.

By the time all this was over Hagrid had came back and they all gathered round to see a large winged horse, bird thing?
"Ain't he beautiful?" Hagrid asks gesturing to the beast. She couldn't deny that he wasn't but God was he huge.

"Hagrid, exactly what is that?" Ron spoke up from behind Davina with slight fear in his voice.

"That, Ron, is a hippogriff." He states obviously

"First thing you wanna know about hippogriffs is that they're very proud creatures. Very easily offended. You do not want to insult a hippogriff. It may just be the last thing you ever do. Now, who'd like to come and say hello?"

Everyone steps back but Davina was intrigued so she step forward
"I will" she says and Hagrid walks her through the steps. Slow and steady. Catch his attention. Bow. Wait for his bow and BOOM. It was a quick process. She went over and pet the creature to wich he nuzzled close to her hand and shut his eyes.

"Want to ride him?" Hagrid asks, immediately she nods her head and Hagrid picks her up and she's soon on the creatures back soaring through the sky.

Davina seen the view of the castle and the trees and beyond. Its magnificent. With a couple quick turns and some delightful chirps from Davina more sounding like howls they were soon back on the ground walking towards her friends.

"That was amazing" she says walking backwards staring at the beast running a hand through her windswept ponytail.

Back with her friends she watched as Harry stepped up to the beast, it wasn't as smooth sailing as hers but it was good. He got to ride him as well but as he flew off there was fear in his eyes which made Davina laugh.

He came back down and started talking to Hagrid but trouble arose as Draco made his way to the creature. Because it was startled it attacked the stupid prat and now he's rolling on the floor dramatic as usual.

Muttering some incoherent words. Hagrid took him to the hospital wing and Davina decided to take the Hippogriff back to the pen he was kept in. Then made her way back up to the castle for the rest of classes.