2nd Year - Chapter 13

Its been a few days since the incident with Mrs Norris. Davina wanted to tell dumbledore about what she heard but Hermione had said that it wasn't a good idea, Davina was still feeling uneasy about everything.

In transfiguration class they were learning how to turn an animal into a water goblet and Davina and Bekki were pretty excited

"One, two, three. Vera Verto." McGonagall had turned her bird into a lovely water goblet with such ease.

"Now it's your turn. Who would like to go first?" She looked around the room before stopping on Ron
"Mr. Weasley. One, two, three. Vera Verto." She repeated making sure he got it right

"Vera Verto!" He was almost successful apart from the fact his goblet was hairy and had a tail.

McGonagall was not please one bit,
"That wand needs replacing, Mr. Weasley." She turned round to go back to teaching when Hermione raise her hand,

"Yes, Miss Granger?" She said urging her to go on

"Professor, I was wondering if you could tell us about the Chamber of Secrets." As Hermione said this Davina immediately felt uneasy thinking back to the message on the wall.

With a sigh McGonagall went on,
"Very well. You all know, of course, that Hogwarts was founded over a thousand years ago. By the four greatest witches and wizards of the age - Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw and ... Salazar Slytherin.

Now, three of the founders coexisted quite harmoniously. One did not."

"Three guesses who." Ron said to Harry in front of Davina and Bekki although McGonagall heard it.

"Salazar Slytherin wished to be more selective about the students admitted to Hogwarts. He believed magical learning should be kept within all-magic families. In other words, pure-bloods. Unable to sway the others, he decided to leave the school. Now, according to legend ... Slytherin had built a hidden chamber in this castle, known as the Chamber of Secrets.

Though, shortly before departing, he sealed it until that time when his own true Heir returned to the school.
The Heir alone would be able to open the Chamber and unleash the horror within, and by so doing purge the school of all those who in Slytherin's view, were unworthy to study magic." The proffesor finished explaining and Davina couldn't help but panic a little for her friends who were, half-blood or muggle-born, what if something happened to Hermione or Bekki or Harry.

"Muggle-borns." Hermione said mostly to herself from beside the other 2 girls, Davina tried to give her a reassuring smile but she didn't seem to relieved, not that she could blame her.

McGonagall heard her and decided to try and ease her mind
"Naturally, the school has been searched many times. No such chamber has been found."

"Professor? What exactly does legend tell us lies within the Chamber?" Hermione stuttered out

"The Chamber is said to be home to something that only the Heir of Slytherin can control. It is said to be the home of a monster." Everyone immediately felt uneasy after she said this.

Is that what you and Harry heard? It couldn't have been, was it?.

The first Quidditch game of the year and it was agaisnt Slytherin. Davins knew they would be ruthless because of how Gryffindor bet them last year without really trying and they have Draco as a seeker and she knew how good he was on the broom since his demonstration last year.

It was safe to say the girl was a bit nervous and people could definitely tell, that morning she barley ate anything and her leg was bouncing up and down
"Why are you so nervous" Bekki asked placing her hand on her friends leg to stop it shaking half the table. Davina looked around and her eyes landed on the Slytherin table and seen their team laughing and calm.