20

I stood in the center of the living room floor, biting at my nails nervous as heck! Jade ran straight for the restroom once I opened the door up for her so I decided to wait her anxiously for her to come back out.

"Oof I feel soooo much better!" She said walking to where I stood with a huge smile on her face.

"What are you doing here?"

"What do you mean? I said I would stop by after class"

"Yeah but I swear we were on the phone like just thirty minutes ago."

"Oh I left early, I got bored. So anyway what are we gonna do today? Ooh wanna binge watch music videos?"

"Uh actually I can't today, I'm actually really busy actually so later?"

"Gosh how many times are you gonna say actually? And why are you so.....fidgety?" She stared at me with those huge eyes of hers and I know she could see right through me. Jade and I have been best friends for as long as I could remember. Meaning she knows me like the back of her hand and vice versa.

"What do you mean? I'm not, I'm totally chilling."

"At the rate your leg is bouncing, you could start an earthquake..."

I immediately stopped and tried my best to avoid eye contact with her.

"Woah! Nice flowers! Did someone give this to you?"

"Oh yeah, just a friend"

"Some friends you have! These are royal blue roses, do you know how expensive a whole bouquet of them are?"

"Yeah it's crazy "

"Okay what is it? There's something you're not telling me Bells." She said crossing her arms over her chest. It was obvious how irritated she was getting, over my behavior.

"I can't talk right now so can you just please come back later?"

"Wow some kind of friend you are! What is our number one rule?"

"Jade seriously—"

"What is it, eh?!"

"No secrets"

"Exactly no secrets so cough it up!"

"I can't—-"

"Tell me or we're getting a divorce!"

"For the last time Jade, we're not married!"

"Yes we are—"

She was cut off the sound of a loud thump coming from, of course, my bedroom. She jumped looking behind her shook by the loud noise. What is that boy doing back there?!

"What the bloody hell was that?"

"What was what?"

She rolled her eyes at me

"Don't play dumb with me"

"I'm not!"

"And that's what's so sad...."

I rolled my eyes at her shade.

"No seriously what was that, it sounded like it came from your room" she began walking down the hall to my bedroom and reached for the doorknob. Just as she opened it, I quickly jumped in front of her to slam it shut

"What the hell"

"Y-You can't go in there"

"Why not?"