6

Arabella

"You look nervous. You okay?"

Am I okay? How could I be? It's not everyday someone gets to sit down with their role model and just have a conversation. A very attractive and famous role model at that.

I sat with my purse in my lap and my arms crossed over my chest. It was very obvious that I was uncomfortable but not because of the people I was surrounded by, I was just so nervous around him.

"O-Oh I'm fine."

"Hm, you don't talk much do you?"

"I do."

"You do? Well you're not saying much now.  You feeling okay?" he asked getting closer so that he could be heard but that just made it worst honestly.

"I-I'm nervous. I'm a huge fan so this isn't seeming like reality right now"

"Oh you're nervous? Why? I'm just a normal person like you." He stated causally as if he genuinely didn't understand why I was so timid around him.

"Yeah a normal person who probably rode in a custom made Rolls Royce on his way here or something"

"Well....yeah I did" he laughed which caused me to laugh.

"Come on maybe a drink would help you loosen up. Champagne?"

"Yeah sure"

He grabbed the bottle out of the bucket of ice and popped it open.

"Woah" I gasped as the foam accidentally splashed everywhere.

He laughed pouring it in two glasses.

"Here let's do a toast"

"Okay, to what?"

"New friendships"

"To new friendships" I repeated with a bright smile

We clinked our glasses and drank the champagne.

Maybe I'm not used to champagne that actually costs a good amount of money but this one was splendid. It was so good and flavorful.

"You think we could be friends?" I couldn't help but ask after our toast

"Yeah why not?" He chuckled. "So are you from here?"

"No I'm originally from Texas, I just came up here a few years ago for a fresh start" I said which wasn't a complete lie but not the whole truth. Although he says we could be friends, I wouldn't dare get my hopes up. It's kind of a celebrity's job to tell you what you would like to hear. So I saw no point in telling him my background and all that jazz. After tonight, he'll just be a good memory.

"Oh that's cool, I love Texas. I'm liking it down here so far too"

"What exactly are you doing here?"

"I'm having a concert this weekend. You should come by the way cause It's gonna be fucking crazy."

"Oh really? I would love to but I doubt I'll be able to make it"

"Why? Would you rather be stuck at work?" He teased before taking a sip from his glass

"No but I mean I have no choice at this point. I don't know we'll see. Maybe a miracle will happen and I'll be able to go"

"Well miracles definitely do happen. I'll be singing a bunch of throwbacks that my fans love and speaking of fans...you mentioned you were a fan? For how long do you think?"