3

"Are you even listening?"

I jumped at his sudden outburst snapping back to reality.

"my gosh you scared me! When the hell did you get back from the restroom?"

"Bella, like five minutes ago. I've been talking this whole time but obviously, you weren't listening." He rolled his eyes which caused me to chuckle

"Oh I'm sorry. I'm just—-I'm still in shock."

" Do you know who it's from?"

I nodded my head yes in confirmation.

"Who then?"

He asked peaking in the basket. I quickly snatched it away from him.

"None of your business! I'll be back I'm gonna go put this up."

I disappeared to the back still shocked as ever. I can't believe I actually convinced myself that it was all a dream. I am definitely crazy.

I don't understand why he went out of his way to send such an expensive gift. I mean yeah I was damn sure upset that he broke my phone with his heavy foot but I didn't think he would actually replace it.

That's actually really nice of him.

"Bellaaaaa!"

I groaned hearing the child whine my name from the cafe's lobby. Jackson never fails to be annoying.

"What Jack"

I yelled in a whispered as I rushed back to the front. He was always so loud when visiting here which often disturbed the customers which meant more problems for me.

"You were gone for too long, I was worried"

"I was literally—- why are you here? Don't you have a date to get to?"

"Woah someone sounds jealous..."

I scoffed.

"Please do not, and I can't stress this enough, ever flatter your fucking self. I could never be jealous of your victims"

I whispered to him with much sass

"Oooooh I'm telling Dad you cursed on the clock."

"Fine. Tell him, and I'll tell Veronica about Gina"

He gasped.

"You wouldn't!"

"....then tell Gina about Heather and then tell her about Kayla—"

"You monster! Fine! Stop trying to ruin my game."

"You're a pig." I looked down at him with disgust.

"I'll turn over in mud and oink oink for you anytime of the day."

He proceeded to make a horrible impression of a pig which caused me to laugh hysterically.

"Stop it, you're so embarrassing."

Time flew by before I knew it and I found myself home in the comfort of my own bed once again. I opened the box of the brand new iPhone and stared at it in awe. Opening this gift was the only thing on my mind all day at work so I rushed home immediately upon clocking out.

It was so sleek and......new. I was excited but deep down inside, I knew I couldn't keep it. It was far too expensive and I just was not comfortable with taking such an expensive gift from someone.

Even if that someone was Justin Bieber.

I knew I needed to give this back even though I would love to keep it. It's just not how I was raised. This may sound crazy but it made me a bit uncomfortable to accept expensive gifts from people.