19

"What? He just left without telling you?" Jade exclaimed on the phone.

It was just last night when I was abandoned by Justin at his house party and even after waking up to a bright new day, I still had the same anger from last night.

Jade called me as soon after I woke up which was an hour ago to get all the details from last night but they were nothing like what she was expecting.

"Yup right after he promised he wouldn't. And this ladies and gentlemen, is just why men are trash."

"That doesn't make any sense. There has to be a logical reason behind his actions, yeah?"

"I don't know honestly. I really want to believe there was some kind of emergency but his friend said he left with some hot chick. I mean what else could that mean..."

"Hmmm I don't know but I'm sure it's a huge misunderstanding. He'll call soon I reckon to explain everything. I'm rooting for Justin. I'm team jella all the way"

"Not the couple name" I chuckled face palming myself "Trust me that's never coming to life."

"Really bells? You're gonna make me say it?"

" say what?"

" Never say never."

I gasped at her corniness "I deadass should hang up on you right now"

She laughed uncontrollably on the other line "No but seriously, you mean to tell me you haven't gained feelings for this man yet?"

" What? No. You know I don't do relationships or feelings for that matter. I have better things to focus on."

"Bullshit, you mean to tell me after spending all this time with him and even texting him on a daily basis, you don't even like him? He has the face of an angel!"

"Absolutely not. We're just friends. I don't even know if we're still that after last night"

"Don't jump to conclusions! Give the man a chance to explain himself please. "

"Okay fine. I'll dm him later"

"Dm? You guys still don't have each other's number yet?"

"No I didn't even realize it myself until last night when I tried to call him"

" oh my goodness you guys are weird. Anyway I have to get off the phone now my class is going to start"

"Alright I'll see you later?"

"Yeah I'll stop by right after class. Later hun"

I tossed my phone to the side after pressing the end button. That conversation we had, has got me thinking. Maybe there is an explanation as to why he just left but I still can't help but to be mad. I was forced to take an Uber and my driver was such a creep by the way. He kept asking me all these questions about my personal life and I was both so weirded out and irritated.

Knock Knock

My thoughts were cut off by the sound of someone knocking on my door.
That's weird, I wasn't expecting anyone over today. In fact, I'm never expecting anyone being that I hardly have friends.

"Who is it?"

There was just silence on the other side. I was conflicted on whether to answer it or not. Not having a peep hole on my door didn't make it any better.

I made sure to open it with just a small crack so that I could see.

"Who is it?"

"Hey."