24

"Oh for a few years now. When I first moved down here he was the first person I met. He and his father welcomed me in"

"Are you guys close?"

"Yeah actually"

"Oh.... that's nice" he said but the tone in his voice convinced me that he did not think it was nice at all "anyway is that all you did today?"

"Yeah basically. I spent the rest of the day on this paper and now I'm here talking to you "

"Oh so you're just getting to the best part of your day?"

"Wowww yo you're so cocky" I said as he laughed on the other end.

"Well hey I won't keep you, I know you're sleepy. I just wanted to hear your voice before heading to the studio cause I knew you'd be sleep by the time I'll get out."

"Really?"

"Yeah believe it or not talking to you is the best part of my day. Well I'll call you tomorrow, goodnight love." He hung up before I could even respond. I placed my hand on my cheek feeling it heat up by the second.

Great how am I supposed to sleep after that!?

The next morning I woke up at around 10 am and decided that I would do absolutely nothing. That was until I was reminded on what kind of best friend I had and here she was yelling at me to get dressed immediately so that we could to brunch.

"Ugh Jade I'm almost done stop rushing me!"

" I wouldn't have to rush you if you were actually getting ready!"

I grabbed my keys before storming to the living room in which she sat. "See, all done!"

"Finally! Who are those roses from over there? I've been mesmerized by them"

"Oh aren't they beautiful?"

"Yeah Justin really knows how to steal a girl's heart huh?"

"they're not from him"

"What? They're not? Who are they from?"

"No clue, the card said secret admirer "

".....and you're sure that's not Justin?"

"Yeah when I asked him about it last night, he said—"

"Last night?! " She questioned with a shocked expression plastered on her face.

"Girl let's go before we're late. Didn't you say you made reservations?"

"You and Justin are really close huh? I mean I knew you guys were friends but you talk on the phone late at night? And about what"

"What other normal friends talk about, he just asked about my day and what all I did" I answered her as I dragged her out of the front door. She proceeded to gasp dramatically like the dramatic person she is as I locked the door.

"Babe no man is asking about your day if they just wanted to be your friend! This man clearly likes you!"

"What? No no way. Not me."

"Bella!"

I turned around to see Mona waving her hand for me to wait. She jogged up to us with a huge smile on her face.

"Mona, hey."

"Hey I was just headed home when I heard your voice" she smiled brightly at me then turned her attention to Jade "who's this?"