9

Arabella

My throat went dry as we stared at each other in shock.

"You don't think..."

"Honey, I don't think, I know. If my sex ed class from high school serves me right, you have a high chance of getting pregnant."

"Oh no." No no no this can't be right. Please someone tell me this isn't real. How could I be so careless?

Immediately thoughts began rushing to mind. I was slowly beginning to panic as realization continued to sink in. Who knew one night of pure drunken lust would have so many regrets after.

"Are you on the pill?" I blinked several times snapping out of my panicked thoughts.

"Birth control. Oh yes! I am."

"Okay well you should be okay. Don't get me wrong you could still get pregnant while taking birth control though."

"Why in the world would you tell me that in this moment." I questioned with quite the attitude. I'm trying my best to not panic and she's not making it any better at the moment.

"Hey I'm just letting you know the facts. I'm sure you're not." She shrugged casually.

"How can you be sure"

"Well I'm not. Haha I was just lying for your sake." I gave her a stale look.

"Okok when is your period supposed to come." She sat up more becoming serious.

"Um....in three days actually" I said checking the date on my phone.

"Great if it comes, then you learned your lesson and if it doesn't...."

"And if it doesn't....?" I repeated eager for her to finish her sentence with a hopeful ending.

"Then you learned your lesson" she said before cracking up "you better start picking baby names"

"Oh my goodness..."

I placed my head in my hands as my breathing began to increase.

Me? With a baby? In this moment of my life? No way! I am definitely not prepared for children at this age. Not mentally or physically.

"But anyway back to this video, do you realize what you have?"

"Huh? What are you talking about?"

"Sis, you and Justin could be the next Ray J and Kim Kardashian."

"Justine! This is not the time to joke around. I don't think you realize how serious this is. Seriously can you not joke for five seconds? You're the only one I can talk to about this right now."

"Oh lighten up, I'm just kidding. Look, do not stress yourself out about this. Let's think about this logically. Let's say your period doesn't come in three days like it's supposed to. Do not freak out immediately . Trust me Mother Nature lovesss to play with us when we have a pregnancy scare. But let's say one day late turns into a week late or two then three and you know for a fact you're pregnant. What's so bad about that?"

"Are you serious? What is so bad about that? Justine, I'm not ready for a kid! I'm no prepared."

"Yeah but who ever really is? Nothing in life can prepare you to bring another life into this world. Of course you're not gonna know all the answers on what to do when it comes to raising a child but that's part of the process. You learn as you go. So what you could be in college pregnant? At least you're in college trying! So what you work at a coffee shop? At least you have a job!"