Chapter 1

"...This is why I became a stripper." he said in a completely serious voice.

"Great." Harry mumbled, looking out the window. His new life was about to begin and a part of him didn't want that.

"You could get the first lap dance." he continued, to see how far he can take the joke.

"Okay."

Liam turned back to the road again, but he made sure to slap his friend's arm gently. "What kind of best friend are you?"

Harry finally blinked and immediately started thinking about what he did wrong. Unfortunately, he couldn't remember any part of the conversation.
...Maybe that was the problem.

" 'm sorry, I was a bit preoccupied."

The older boy nodded and let a tiny smile appear on his face. "It's okay. We're almost there, by the way."

Harry got lost again in his thoughts.
He should have been glad. People usually said college was the best time of their life, but they said the same thing about high school and it definitely wasn't great at all, so he didn't dare dreaming about fun and stuff. His friends and family used to tell him to be more social, because they knew how popular he'd be, but he tried it once and it didn't end well. Although the invisible scars slowly healed and the broken pieces found their place with time, he'd never tried it again.

Harry wasn't religious, but he thanked silently every single day that Liam was there for him, even tho they graduated from high school. He could easily make him feel better about literally anything just by talking a little bit.

The car suddenly stopped and Harry's stomach shrank. He felt his heart beating faster like it was about to explode, and his breathing got heavier. The enormous building didn't look fun at all - in fact, it reminded him of an old asylum. Or a prison. Or a nice place to be murdered.

Welcome to the world of higher education.

"H, are you alright?" Liam's voice echoed through his mind and he tried to cling to it. "Look at me!"

When his friend didn't do as he's been told, the older boy gently touched his cheek and forced him to turn away from the huge brown building. "Just take a deep breath, alright? You won't start panicking, I won't let you."

Harry nodded briefly and took a weak attempt to swallow his nervousness. He hadn't had a panic attack for some time, making it difficult to deal with the unexpected situation right now.

C'mon, it's just a building... full of random strangers. As long as I'm with Liam, it'll be alright.

Liam did his best to calm him down as he started speaking. "We might got different rooms, but we'll meet up whenever you want, alright? It's just one storey."

Holy fuck. Different rooms.

He absolutely forgot it and now it just hit him harder. What if his roommate will be a dickhead? Or worse, what if it's a girl and she wants to hook up with him?

" 'm not ready," he muttered before closing his eyes. "Why can't we just ask them to switch rooms, so I can share it with you?"

Liam broke into a smile; he really appreciated how much he actually meant to his best friend. "We could try, but at some point you'll be forced to talk to new people. It's better if you start practicing with other freshmen, like your roommate."

"What if- "

"No," he cut in, while turning off the car. "Just take the chance and if the situation is terrible, you can sleep on my couch."