Chapter 53

The little tapping noise that the wildly falling and unstoppable rain caused didn't help at all. He couldn't fish out a single thought that would of made sense in any way from the endless river of his thoughts, increasing the level of nervousness so much, it became quite frustrating. His hands gripped the wheel hard enough to make his skin turn white at the knuckles without him noticing it, but that wasn't his main problem at the moment either.
Harry was.

No wait, he couldn't say that, it sounded so fucked up. It wasn't Harry, it was the fact that he couldn't be with Harry if he didn't make the next step on the stair of development. He had to be brave, he kept repeating that he had it in him and he won't turn this car back at the following street corner.

No.
Go for it.

How hard it must be to finally be yourself in front everyone? Nothing, compared to learning how that freaking washing machine worked. That was a tough day in the house after he and Zayn moved in and Zayn said he'd rather buy new clothes every day than fight with the machine of the devil.

Although Louis tried to calm himself down with these silly memories and by joking about this serious situation, however, he felt like he couldn't fool anyone with it. Especially not his own damn mind. This was about to be the most memorable day of his life; meaning, there wasn't a single joke that could of eased his pounding heart.

"Get your shit together, Tomlinson..." he murmured to himself as he tried to park the car near the dorm. "You'll walk inside, knock on his door and tell him that you're done hiding. You can do it, c'mon..."

He kept hyping himself up in order to actually force his body to move. The engine of the car stopped and he sank the keys in his pocket. The annoying tapping sound became louder and he had to wait a few seconds to organize his thoughts before actually rushing into the building. His eyes glimpsed at the silver ring on his middle finger and a sudden wave of courage ran down his whole body.

Of course he was ready to take that next step. Nothing in this world could stop him if he wanted to achieve something.

•••

"I'm sorry, but I can't let you in."

Okay maybe this old woman at the reception could.

"But you know me, I'm Liam Payne!"

"You're not apparently, since the new security system requires every student to show their ID card when they enter the building and a certain Mr. Payne has already checked in today."

Louis looked at the old lady behind the counter in total disbelief. He's sneaked in many times before and the fact that somebody noticed that and made sure it won't happen again felt like a personal insult. There was clearly no time for this bullshit when he had to make it up with the love of his life? What the fuck.

"Okay, yeah I'm not Liam but I really need to go to room 44 and talk to someone."

The woman was clearly committed to giving zero fucks about the situation as she raised both eyebrows with an utterly bored expression on her face. "If the person you'd like to visit won't come down to take full responsibility for you, I can't do anything."

"You don't understand!" Louis spoke a bit louder, then closed his eyes for a second and let out a deep breath. "He's not answering his phone, how am I supposed to ask him to come down? You want me to send a pigeon?"

"Animals are not allowed in the building." she let the sarcasm flew over her head, giving the older boy a hard time and an urgent need to just run upstairs instead of wasting his time there.

He did his best to stay calm when he spoke. "...Would you call him for me?"

"No."

"Why?"