Chapter 42

The day of going back to Norwich was determined by a specific green smoothie which Zayn swore was the cure for their morning situation after the party of chaos. Everyone - except for the curly headed one - was suffering from the ruthless side effects of the hangover, whimpering things like they'd rather snog Hailey than bear with this headache.
Driving back was quite smooth compared to the ride to the lake house; they only had to stop a few times when one of them felt like the green alien saliva cocktail would love to come back and end up on the side of the highway.

As soon as they reached the dorm, Harry wanted to have a moment alone with Liam to finally talk about what he witnessed at the party, however, his best friend asked for a bit of time to think it through on his own, leaving the younger boy with only one thing that he could go on and on about in silence: Liverpool.

He had a hard time restraining himself from showing up at their house, but he knew Louis needed a day or two to get himself together before travelling. Feeling completely well was essential when he was about to perform at his best during the training camp. It would of been a real tragedy, if they had so many arguments over the trip, then Louis fucked up all his chances because of the slightly irresponsible acts at the lake house.

Although the artist truly attempted to see the positive side of everything and act like the upcoming one and a half months weren't going to be that terrible, he couldn't control his dreams... or more like nightmares.
His memories merged with his deepest fears created such a mess, Harry's eyes popped open as his heart dictated an unnecessarily high tempo.

He pushed himself on elbows, then squinted his eyes to make sure he was still in Louis' room and not at the dark parking lot with broken glasses everywhere. A deep sigh left his mouth. Everything was okay; they still had almost 24 hours before the footballer grabbed the suitcases and went away.

Harry glanced at the clock first, then slowly fell back on the crinkled sheets and pillows. It was only seven in the morning. The whole day was still ahead to spend together.
Louis was sleeping next to him, looking painfully peaceful. His hair was a bit messy, his lips were slightly reddish from kissing all night. The pale marks on his neck and collarbones made Harry's stomach do a backflip right away, since he knew he was the one who's done that to the beautiful boy.

The younger one kept staring at him and his racing heart didn't seem to slow down as he recalled the memories they made that night. Running his fingers through the messy curls reminded him at the way Louis gently held his face, while burying his nose in his hair to mouth the tender skin under his ear. If he closed his eyes, he could still feel the warm breath of him in the crook of his neck when he pressed him to the bed and it was finally bare skin on skin. The sore spots all over his chest were the vivid trail of his kisses, while the tiredness taking over his limbs tricked him into a shy smile.
Louis made him feel loved in every possible way through the night.

Suddenly the phone on the bedside table started buzzing and the first chords of You Got It filled the room. The astonished look on Harry's face turned to a soft laughter as he realised the other set it as the alarm clock - the song they sang together in the car before christmas on their way to the Styles house.

After Louis blindly reached out to the phone and pushed a button to make it stop, he slowly opened his eyes and showed his boyfriend a tired smile. "...'morning, sunshine."

"Good morning," he whispered as well with pure love in his voice. "Did you forget to turn it off last night...?"

"Nah, I set it on purpose" Louis suppressed a yawn. "I didn't wanna waste time by sleeping."

His heart almost skipped a beat as he understood what he meant; he wanted to use every single second of the day to be with him. That was all they had left, anyway.