Chapter 9

The day when somebody spread that video became one of the worst days Louis has ever had.

Nobody had the audacity to ask him about Harry, but he knew it was just the matter of time.

When he got caught in a class room with a cheerleader? People praised him and forgot about it a week later.
The first time he had a thing going on with a guy at a huge party? Only awkward to the boy and his girlfriend at the time.
The day when the football team lost an important match and the interviewer from the local news asked him on live tv to choose a word to represent the team and he said "Fucking losers. Sorry, that's two words. Then just fuckers." and everyone went silent? At least that was funny.

Through the years people have been talking about Louis Tomlinson a lot, but all of the rumours and stories were nothing compared to the events of the party.

Before the video, everyone thought of him as a boy who you shouldn't mess with nor start a thing with. He won't care about you or protect from the rumours.
It was some kind of strategy of him; as long as the others didn't find a weak point, they couldn't hurt or blackmail him. Being in the football team of the university felt like swimming in the ocean full of sharks. They were a team on the field, but as soon as the game was over the tension between them felt heavy.

The reason behind their actions was pretty simple: at the start of the summer the coach announced that one judge from Liverpool FC is about to come to their university to choose only three footballers who's gonna participate in their "Talent Program". Since last year they won the competition between all the British universities' teams, the famous football club decided to take care of the young talents, which meant three guys' lives were about to change forever.

Louis had been dreaming about this since he learned how to walk and would of done anything to be one of the chosen footballers. Just like everyone else.
The boys in the team had to be really careful, if they didn't want to ruin their chances.

A leaked photo of your naked body? Say goodbye to your dream, the club didn't need a scandal. A tiny case with the police? Just wait for the others to find out and they'll make sure you lose your chance. Do you have a lover? Good, then it's easy to blackmail you. Nasty pictures, messages, videos, stories... an endless list.

Louis knew how badly he messed up. The problem was not the fact that he beat Jackson. It was the reason behind it.

Louis had no idea why he protected Harry on the first place, but when he saw him shaking so damn hard, he lost the control over his actions. The anger crawled beneath his skin and he wasn't himself anymore. He was ready to drop all of his manners and fight with the douchebag who dared to touch the curly headed one.
Louis couldn't think of his future or how this will affect him; the only thing that mattered at the moment was protecting Harry.

He kinda wished it would of been that simple later as well.
Before the party nobody knew who Harry Styles was, but it became pretty obvious that he was, in fact, an important person.

...And a good opportunity to start blackmailing Louis by using the younger boy.

"Hey Tomlinson. Will your boyfriend come here to be your number one cheerleader?"

Two pm. The calm lasted till 2 pm.

Louis turned to the dumb footballer and stopped his movements. He was about to change to his jersey before the practice started, but his team mates couldn't leave him get away with the video.

"No, he's busy minding his own business. Might be a new term for you," he said without missing a beat, then processed all of the words. "...And he's not my boyfriend."