Chapter 19

"You're still up for tonight, right?"

Harry didn't answer right away, but he knew if his roommate doesn't get a proper reply, he can expect a monologue about the importance of talking to others.

"Yeah."

He really put a lot of effort into that.

Harry didn't understand what was the reason behind their plan, which basically contained them forcing him out of the room. He enjoyed being there, laying on his stomach in the comfort of his bed and listening to music. The only time he left the bed was when he needed to go to the bathroom and if Niall wasn't that caring and didn't bring him food, he would of probably refused to go out and get something to eat.

"This has to stop, Harold." the blonde boy sighed and closed the laptop on the nightstand.

"Hey, I was listening to it..." the other pouted, since the laptop was connected to the small speaker in the room and the music's been cut off thanks to Niall.

"Yeah I know, you've been listening to it for four days now," he shook his head and sat back on his bed. "And if I have to listen to The Night We Met for the 548th time, I'll move out and sleep in a tent in the hallway."

The curly headed one didn't say anything; it would of been useless anyway. None of his friends had to face with problems like him... on the other hand, it was easier to let the demons get him, instead of talking it out.

" 'm sorry," he breathed in the end, then closed his eyes. "You can choose the next song, if you want to..."

"No, that's not the point of if," Niall rubbed his face with his palms and seeing him like that was like watching the clouds float in front of the sun. "You don't have to tell us what happened between you and him, but shutting us out of your life isn't gonna help, mate. Tonight isn't about Liam, Ellie or me; we're going out to get your mind off of whatever happened."

The words only worsened his mood thanks to the reappearance of his good old friend, the guilt. He felt awfully selfish.

After the argument with Louis he refused to talk to anyone about it, although everyone noticed that he was far from being okay. Even Liam didn't succeed, which was the point where they all got aware of that it must of been something serious. Liam asked Ellie and Niall not to force the younger boy, so they let him handle it on his own way, but it's been days now and Harry was still stuck in that bubble, floating in the direction of depression.
He knew everything affected his best friend in a different, more sensible way, but the situation started to scare him as well. This was the reason Liam agreed on dragging Harry with them to grab a few drinks.

"...Right," he finally sat up, still hugging one of the pillows. " 'm sorry, I'll try to have fun tonight."

Niall held up his hand and raised both eyebrows. "Pinky promise?"

A smile crept across the other's face and he intertwined their fingers. "Pinky promise."

Of course he didn't want to go, but the least he could do was taking a weak attempt for them. After all, he was well aware that he needed to do something with himself. The ending of that argument felt like a break up and in spite of that it wasn't, he felt like they'll never make it up.
He definitely had to do something.

Harry got out of the bed and as he was going through his clothes, Niall smiled up at him.

"What are you doing?"

" 'm gonna go to the workshop and paint."

"Really? What?" he got excited immediately, his eyes glinting in the light that streamed through the thin material of the curtain. "A landscape? A vase? Someone naked?"