Chapter 4

"Harry, I'm in love."

Niall's voice immediately tore him out of his thoughts. He always got lost in his mind, but lately it happened too many times. Nobody could catch his attention and it was hard to talk to him. Liam noticed for sure, but he hasn't said anything yet.
The only person who knew about the incident which made him so quiet was Ellie.

" ...uhm yeah? With who?" Harry turned to the blonde boy. He looked like he was already in rush, since Niall tended to be late for every class he had, but his blue eyes were almost sparkling, so Harry knew it was kind of serious.

Niall quickly made sure the mysterious girl wasn't around before he spoke again.
"I don't know her name yet, but she has this beautiful long, wavy brown hair and pretty face and I'm sure her smile is also perfect and- " he gabbled and his excitement was showing hard for sure.

Harry tried to listen to every single one of his friend's words, but the hallway was pretty noisy and his gaze was unintentionally searching for someone.

Someone.

"...and as I was starring at her, she turned around and asked me what I want from her and I couldn't just say 'your phone number' so I was about to come up with something better, but then she rolled her eyes and turned back." Niall kept rambling about the girl.

"She doesn't sound very nice." the curly headed one answered, before he took a look at the clock on the wall. Ellie was late from their meet up, they were supposed to go and have lunch together with Liam. The two of them haven't met yet, but Harry was sure they would get along.

He might failed with Louis a few days ago, but he was still quite proud of himself for already having two friends besides Liam.
Harry got preoccupied again as his thoughts returned to the footballer, so he shook his head a bit and mentally reminded himself.
C'mon, don't think about him, he's not worth it.

Niall hasn't paid attention to the comment and excitedly fixed his hair.
"She's right there in the short, red skirt. Don't turn around, be subtle!"

Harry, being his very careful and subtle self, turned around right away and furrowed his eyebrows as he was staring at the girl. He knew that it's not very nice to judge someone by their looks, but the young lady looked like one of the mean girls - like the tanned version of Regina George.

Her long nails were painted dark red and while she was holding her designer bag, she stared at everyone like they were peasants daring to look at their queen.

"I'm gonna introduce myself and ask her out." Niall said.

"I don't think she's right for y-"

"Just root for me, Harold."

Although Harry knew it won't end up great, he let his roommate do whatever he wanted to. It's not like he could of stopped him from getting friendzoned by the ice queen.

Instead of watching them, he looked at the clock again. Ten minutes. They were supposed to meet ten minutes ago and neither Liam nor Ellie was there.

He sighed, then turned to Niall who's features showed a bit of disappointment as he came back.

"She said no." Harry assumed and already felt bad for the Irish boy.

"No, " Niall shrugged. "She said her name is Hailey, called me a creep for staring at her, laughed a bit and THEN she said no."

" 'm very sorry to hear tha-"

"Her laughter sounded like the voice of angels tho." the other continued, while smiling foolishly.