Chapter 48

"Where's the opener?"

"On the counter," Louis answered before glancing at what the other's been up to and his forehead crinkled to a frowning expression. "...That's only three beers."

"Very observing of you."

"Babe, I might be terrible at math, but three beers and four people just don't add up to me," he put down his phone and crossed his arms in front of his chest as he leaned against the counter. "You're not drinking again...?"

"You should be pretty happy 'bout that," Harry smiled at him while opening the bottles. "Dating a capricious artist is enough of a curse in itself, imagine if I was an alcoholic too. Total mess."

The older boy seemingly didn't appreciate the joke as much as he expected, moreover his face dropped and the expression became even darker. Harry assumed what was going through his head, so after he popped open the last beer, he turned to him and showed him the sweetest, most loving smile ever.

" 's not what you think it is," he fixed his long hair with one firm move. "I didn't start taking the pills again, okay? I threw them out. All of them. 'm just trying to cut down drinking, cause it has always led us to chaos... or simply to a hospital."

Louis' face softened, his whole demeanor turned a bit slack; it was like watching him let go of a huge weight that was constantly pushing him down.

"Sorry," he blurted it out in the end. "I overreact everything."

" 's fine. I'd be worried too," the other had enough of fixing his hair all the time, so he started to tie it up to a man bun in the meantime. "As a matter of fact, I was about to ask how's your shoulder been...?"

As the unruly, messy curls got reined in to make a proper bun, Louis couldn't get his eyes off of him. The muscles in his arms as he raised them, the sharp jawline that could cut one's hand, the tip of the pink tongue that made an appearance as the attendant of concentrating-

"Louis...?"

He blinked twice and cleared his throat as he came back to reality. "What?"

"Did you hear my question...?"

"Of course and I think it's an awesome idea, you have my full support." he nodded with a completely serious look on his face, resulting a giggling Harry.

"I asked how's your shoulder," he kept shaking his head while laughing. "But thanks, I guess 'm happy I picked someone supportive."

Louis also let a smile creep across his face, but turned it to a cheeky one to get the upper hand over the situation again. "Well you shouldn't expect me to actually listen when you're doing your hair. Let's say... it's, uh, bringing me back great memories."

There he was. His blushing young artist, who knew exactly what he meant.
What happened last night played out in front of them like the vivid scenes of a movie.

"Keep it in your pants, Tomlinson..." the younger boy muttered in the end, absolutely embarrassed by how wild and dominant he got the day before. Nights like that brought out the worst of him. Or maybe the best.

Harry grabbed the bottles and walked back to the living room - which in itself was a miracle considering that he wasn't joking about not being able to move earlier - while the grin on Louis' face became even wider. He watched his boy in the black skinny jeans, chelsea boots and white t-shirt as he made his way back to the couch and handed the beers over to Liam and Zayn.
A weird, tingling feeling made his stomach do a backflip. He couldn't tell which moment it was, but somewhere between the first time he kissed him and the NSG trip, he unconditionally and utterly fell for him. Even when Harry wasn't doing anything special, just handing over beers or doing his hair, he felt so weak and strong at the same time - weak, because they were more vulnerable like that, but also insanely strong, cause he had someone to fight for.