Chapter 55

The sound of the doorbell startled the footballers in the house, whereupon Louis' blue eyes kindled right away as if he was a child waiting for Santa and his reindeers on christmas night.

"This is gonna be Haz."

"It better be the pizza man," Zayn sighed while laying on the couch and staring at the tv. "Man, I'm starving."

"Well, then one of us is 'bout to get real happy now."

Louis walked to the door, opened it, and the wide smile reappeared on his face within a snap. It was him. His curly headed capricious artist was standing at the doorstep with a box in his hands and a shy smile on his lips.

"Hey" he glanced in the direction of the mysterious gift. "I brought some cookies."

Louis burst into a quiet laughter and the younger one's confused face just made it worse. "Sorry... but the lame boy from next door vibe this greeting gives off is so funny."

" 'm not sure what I've done wrong," he frowned, stepping inside. "You're laughing at me for being nice..."

"Who made those cookies?"

"Ells."

"So you're clearly not being nice," he still took the box while the other put his coat on the hanger. "The results of her cooking experiments always end up either here or in Niall's stomach at the hospital."

" 's the intention that matters."

They crossed the living room and Louis dropped the box on his best friend's chest as he passed by him. "It was Harry, but he also brought snacks. Ellie made them."

"Well who the fuck would of thought it was him," Zayn rolled his eyes. "I figured it's not taking that long cause you're making out with the pizza guy."

Harry squinted his eyes, looking back and forth between them. "...what pizza man. Do I know him?"

"Do you know any pizza men?" Louis took a weird glance at him, getting a really thought out answer from him.

"...No, but judging by this conversation I should watch out for them."

Zayn snorted. "Don't know what's worse. Listening to this weird jealous shit, or tasting what Ells has made for us."

"You were starving a minute ago."

"But I don't have a death wish."

Harry pouted, before taking a truly unlovely look at them. "You're both assholes. She's just started taking cooking classes, we all should support her."

Zayn lifted an eyebrow, then grabbed a cookie that looked like it's been already digested once. "Go ahead Mister Kindness, taste it and support her."

"Oh no, please don't" Louis jumped in to prevent a real disaster. "I still wanna kiss him today, we can't take such a risk."

"But I can't let him win this argument, I'll try it for Ells," Harry accepted the cookie, then wrinkled his nose a bit after smelling it. "Although I have to admit it does smell funny..."

His boyfriend's strange sixth sense turned on immediately, like once he could detect something dangerous near to Harry he changed to a different cautious mode. He took the cookie out of his hands and sniffed a little.
Suddenly he understood why she sent these snacks specifically to them.

"You're not having any of these chocolate chip cookies," he dropped it into the box again, getting curious looks from both of them. "Babe, these were made with weed."

"Oh were they?" Zayn glanced at them a lot more enthusiastic now, analyzing one between his fingers. "I take everything back, I love that woman."

"Hey...!" the younger one ignored him, still gazing at his boyfriend in pure confusion. "Why can I not taste them? It's not like I haven't- "