Chapter 29

"Alright, I found the reservation. A room with a bathroom and two single beds for Mr. Styles, right?"

Louis pulled an offended grimace and turned away from the counter to take a look at Mr. Morales. "Gosh, I'll have to share a room with Harry...?"

The younger one nudged him, while trying not to laugh, however Louis couldn't be held back. He took a deep breath, then shook his head before Morales could of answered the ridiculous question. "Does this mean I'll have to babysit him at night as well?"

"Especially at night." Harry masked it as a cough and the middle-aged teacher couldn't stop looking back and forth between them.

"Alright, I think you should discuss this important matter later and clarify what's the role of Mr. Tomlinson."

"That's easy, I'm the top." Louis shrugged, while the eyes of his boyfriend widened.

"Uh I'm sorry, the room comes with two single beds, not a bunk bed," the receptionist lady broke the momentary silence, then continued with the usual monologue. "Breakfast every day between 7 and 9 am, the pool can be used until midnight. If you need a taxi, you can call the reception and we will make sure to get you one within ten minutes. Mr. Morales, yours is room 138, here's your key... and Mr. Styles, here's yours, room 143. If I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to ask me."

"Thank you so much!" Harry grabbed the keys, glancing at the other boy and nodding in the direction of the lift to make it clear they should go immediately.

Louis caught up with him quite fast, laughing like a bad child who knew exactly what they've done. He fixed the strap of the bag on his right shoulder, then reached out to the other's hand to intertwine their fingers on the way.

"Wha-what are you doing?" Harry whispered, but the older one just showed him the happiest smile he's ever seen.

"Trying to hold your hand?" he finally succeeded as he was talking and squeezed it a bit to emphasize the words. "We're free here."

Harry's heart obviously skipped a beat, just like it did every single time something out of ordinary happened. He took a weak attempt not to blush, when they reached the lift and a bunch of people got out of it, glancing at their hands. He was so proud of holding it.

Although Louis was quite grumpy in the morning due to the early waking, after he fell over a slipper in the living room, losing sleepiness became pretty easy. Zayn drove him to pick up Harry and they headed to the train station together, which meant that he couldn't even think about sleeping anymore. In fact, he wanted everything, but miss out on a moment he could spend with him.
The 2 hours long ride was a bit awkward, considering that only Harry was talking to Mr. Morales and mainly it was about arts and this opportunity. The teacher tried to ask the footballer as well, but it turned to such a politely embarrassing conversation, the younger one was having a hard time keeping his mouth shut instead of bursting into laughter.

As they made their way up to room 143, Harry couldn't take his eyes off of his lover. He still couldn't believe all of this was happening for real; they were far away from Norwich and its problems, he was living one of his dreams by being invited to the NSG trip and the fact that he could share all of it with Louis was the cherry on the top.
The only thing he was worried about how missing the practices on thursday and the following day is going to affect the footballer's career, but the other told him not to worry. He came up with some kind of alibi and wanted to focus only on his boy during the upcoming four days.

Harry opened the door of their room and stepped inside, with sparks of excitement glinting in his eyes. "Woah, this room is..."

"...a fucking joke," Louis interrupted him, throwing his bag on the floor. He nodded toward the beds, which were too far from each other for his taste. "C'mon, there's even a bedside table between them. 's time to fix this shit."