Chapter 60 - Epilogue

• 4 years later •

Clinking noises and a loud swear woke Harry up. Although the sounds made it clear that he should definitely check what disaster happened in the kitchen, the warm blanket tangled around his body felt too good to leave it behind. As he took a deep breath the sweet mixture of vanilla and flowers tricked him into showing a sleepy smile. His favourite part of the day has always been waking up here, surrounded by all the familiar scents.
A start of a whole new promising day.

He blindly reached out to the other side of the bed, but all he found was a crinkled sheet and a cold pillow. The frowns of confusion appeared on his forehead right away, making him finally open his eyes along with a deep sigh bursting out of his chest. Louis was the first to wake up? Since when? Usually he had to almost push him down the bed, then deal with the grumpy cat mood for an hour, if he wanted him to be awake by a certain time.

Harry turned his head in the direction of the bedside table, squinting his eyes as he tried to read the numbers on the digital alarm clock. Half past ten. Amazing, he slept through almost the whole morning. So many important minutes slipped away! He wanted to spoil his footballer today, since a pretty big game was due tonight.

Suddenly the door of the bedroom opened and Louis walked in with a wooden breakfast tray in his hands. His hair was still messy and the sweatpants were the ones he used only for sleeping. As he came closer to their bed, the rays of sunshine pouring in from the direction of the tiny balcony highlighted his tattooed chest and arms in a way that triggered an urgent rush in Harry to paint him. No matter how many years they've spent together, he looked at him with the same adoration in his eyes as he did the first time.

"Morning, sunshine" Louis settled on the edge of the bed, carefully placing the tray on the sheet. "Did you sleep well?"

The younger one took a questioning look at him first, then glanced at everything the other's prepared for him. Toast, fried eggs, fresh slices of cucumber and bell pepper, along with a cup of steaming coffee. His favourite type of breakfast.
What the hell.

"Oh god, have you cheated on me?" he ignored his question and rubbed his face, whereupon Louis rolled his eyes.

"Just because I made you breakfast, it doesn't mean I fucked up something."

"And what was that clinking noise...?"

"I might have or might have not dropped a mug when I slipped on the spilled orange juice."

Harry suppressed a smile, shaking his head. "Which mug?"

"I didn't hurt myself, thank you for asking," he spoke reproachfully, before he shrugged. "And it was the one that had the best footballer of the world on it."

"Oh no, that was a gift" he pouted. "I mean, a gift that you bought for yourself, but still."

"I know, I failed myself," Louis sighed, then snorted a second later. "Although I wasn't the one who spilled the juice..."

The words finally reached Harry's mind and woke him up better than any type of coffee or noise could have. He came to his senses immediately and straightened himself without any signs of tiredness now.

"Where's Bella?"

"In the kitchen, playing with shattered glass," the older boy said without missing a beat, then suppressed a smile when he glimpsed at the expression on Harry's face. "...Niall picked her up an hour ago."