Chapter 54

"You know what, I changed my mind," Harry turned to him after all, clearly having trouble with keeping that straight face. "I don't think 'm able to do it."

"Going to school...?" Louis frowned quite entertained by his hesitation. "Well, there goes your education, Anne won't be happy about it."

"No, going to school with you," he highlighted the words, but seeing that cheeky smile of the other only made him more frustrated by the whole situation. " 'm happy you find my concerns funny. What a prick you still are."

The older boy's laughter tinkled in the car like dozens of small bells, however, this time even that couldn't calm him down. He took a good look at the enormous building in front of them; he walked through the parking lot and then the main entrance many times while people sometimes stared at him for the way he looked or the clothes he chose, so it wasn't like a new experience that could of made him worried. Of course he couldn't stand the attention, but none of those days were just close enough to what was about to happen.

Only the thought of him showing up hand in hand with probably the most popular and talked about footballer made his stomach do a backflip before forming a knot on his insides.

"Haz, it's okay..." his gentle voice finally broke through the tough wall of his concerns, forcing him to look away from the ominous building. "I thought this was what you wanted all along...?"

"I wanted a fun night with Zayn as well, but I ended up breaking my leg," he mumbled. " 'm clearly unable to make good decisions... I mean look at me, 'm your boyfriend!"

"Ouch," Louis answered unamused while rolling his eyes, then let out a deep sigh. "I'm the one blowing up my career and you're having doubts about all of this?"

"I can't do it, I can't, really-" he leaned forward, ignoring whatever he said as he buried his face in his hands. The brown curls also helped to hide the absolutely panicking expression that took over his features. When Louis sensed that the younger one was truly having a hard time keeping himself together, his whole demeanor changed.

He gently touched his wrist to catch his attention, then basically forced him to look him in the eyes by cupping his cheeks. "Hey, look at me! I'm here, okay? Nothing bad can happen to you as long as I'm with you, remember? Slowly breath in and out. Do it with me. I won't let you panic."

All of a sudden Harry had war flashbacks from his very first day in Norwich. He was sitting in Liam's car, glancing at the university with just as much concern and frustration in his eyes as now. Back then his best friend reassured him everything will be alright and it had some kind of good effect on him, but it was nothing compared to what happened every time Louis became overly protective. He tried to focus on his voice, the warmth of his palms and the beautiful mixture of different shades of blue in those eyes - altogether it was more than enough.

"Okay" he breathed out, when even swallowing down his fears felt hard. "Y-you will be next to me the whole time, right...?"

Louis suppressed his smile. "Well if you need the boyfriend for showing people you're in a relationship..."

"Fine, it was a stupid question," the curly headed one realised, before slowly glancing outside and biting his lips. "...Please don't let me trip."

"I won't," Louis' thumb loitered over his cheek for a bit longer than it was necessary. He did his best to act like this wasn't such a big deal, and a grin settled on his lips to hide how nervous he was too. "This is your big romantic movie entrance. Embrace it, babe."

A few seconds later Louis got out of the car, opened the door for the younger one then slammed it hard enough to catch the attention of strangers in the parking lot. Some of these students didn't care about them at all, but a good amount of people started staring at them as if they were sparkling vampires in the sunlight. A smirk appeared on the older boy's face; he knew well that this was the first time people actually got to see just the two of them ever since the rumours started flying around and he was thrilled to make those jaws drop on the ground when he intertwined his fingers with Harry's.