Chapter 39

"So what's the plan?"

"What do you mean?"

"There's seven of us and five people can sit in a car. It doesn't add up."

"Well no fucking way, you passed middle school math."

Ellie rolled her eyes at the comment of the older boy, since she didn't appreciate the sarcasm at such a serious moment. They were about to go on the first group trip ever and if it wasn't the most serious event of the year, she didn't know what was.
All of them were at the footballers' house, wondering where to start packing up the cars with the ocean of the suitcases everywhere. The fact that it was only 7 am on a lovely saturday morning didn't help either - except for Niall and Ellie, everyone felt more like a sock in the washing machine than excited about the adventure.

"Fortunately we have two cars, Louis' and mine," Liam started thinking out loud. "If five people squeeze themselves in one, two lucky people can have the time of their lives in the other."

"Oh well then..." Louis put an arm around his boy's shoulders, grinning at the others. "...sucks to be you. Have fun travelling like a bunch of clowns in a tiny yellow car."

"You wish. I'm not getting pressed to the window by a couple making out in the backseat while the other is flirting in the front," Zayn snorted. "I'm driving one of the cars."

"So I can make out with Louis on the backseat?" Harry frowned, followed by chuckles from the rest of them.

"What about we don't let couples sit next to each other for the sake of my sanity and eyes?"

Ellie pouted at Louis. "Sucks to be you."

"You can't sit next to Niall either, genius."

"But what's gonna stop me from sitting on his lap?"

"HAH Liam, not your girlfriend is the only clever one here." the blonde boy grinned, whereupon Blake opened her eyes quite confused and pulled her head away from her boyfriend's shoulder.

"Sorry, what? I think I fell asleep while standing here. Is it still 7 in the morning...?"

"Yes darling, keep up, cause we need you to solve this math problem." Liam caressed her waist while talking. His touch along with the exciting words woke her up like two shots of black coffee.

"Okay, so two cars, seven people..."

"No love birds next to each other." the black haired boy added quickly, getting a nod from the girl.

"Understandable, bye Liam."

"Wow thanks, don't be so clingy."

Blake held back the laugh and fixed her blonde wavy hair with one firm move. "Any more specific requests?"

"I don't wanna be in a car with you anymore." her boyfriend acted dramatic, while Niall attempted to slide in, kinda smooth.

"Oh and we agreed on placing Ells next to me."

"No we did not." Louis snorted, getting a fussy look from the other.

"Let's put the tiny guy in the trunk, he's no fun."

Harry just giggled at the conversation and nuzzled up to him more, like he was trying to show that the cocky boy belonged to him and he wasn't about to let his roommate's plan happen.

"Okay, I think I figured it out," Blake looked at them proud, resting her hands on her hips as the true leader she was. "Car 1 will be Louis', the driver is Zayn, next to him there's Liam and Harry on the backseat. Car 2 is yours..." she glanced at her boyfriend. "...but the driver is Louis, Ellie and Niall on the backseat and I can be between them so no couples get to sit together. Sounds cool?"