Chapter 40

"Here you go!" Harry gave the last two cups of hot chocolate to Niall, who handed one over to his girlfriend.

"We've raised our son pretty well." he reminded her of their inner joke, getting an emotional glance as a result.

"They grow up so fast."

"Why can't you just thank it like everyone else?" the younger boy sighed, but apparently a smile was hiding in the corner of his mouth.

The couple didn't bother to answer, they only shared a spectacular look while the girl pulled a pouty face. "Did he just tell me off?"

"It's okay darling, he's gonna be grounded."

"Does that mean I'll have to climb up to your room in secret again?" Louis sighed dramatically as his boy finally settled on the couch behind him and he could lean his back against his chest. Harry's arms encircled him along with the soft blanket on his shoulders, which turned out as the perfect combination for his ice cold skin. Although they all changed to dry clothes and Niall also turned on the heaters, they were still freezing from the little party in the lake.

"We could just elope together." Harry tilted his cheek against the other's still wet hair. He enjoyed being the savior this time - since he was the only person who didn't jump in the water, the temperature of his skin was like proper lava compared to Louis'. He also had better ideas about warming him up than just cuddling on the couch, however, there were too many people in the house for that to happen.

"Isn't that a crime? Or is it legal?" Ellie was thinking out loud, while Louis just shrugged.

"Doesn't matter, I've always wanted to be either a footballer or a criminal."

Harry opened his mouth, but Zayn raised both eyebrows and rushed to interrupt. "If you're gonna say some shit like he already stole your heart, I'm gonna go back to that lake with rocks in my pockets and gladly die."

The younger boy let out a quiet laughter. "I was about to mention that he succeeded at both plans, since we already broke into two places, but yeah, that too."

"You what...?" Liam blinked, getting a smug half-smile from Louis.

"You heard him, boring dates are for lame couples. Next time we're gonna rob a bank."

Blake turned to her boyfriend, shaking her head. "Shame on you, you never do such romantic things for me. We always go to the movies."

"You're going out for dates? We just do stupid things at home." Ellie seemed surprised, but apparently Zayn finished the thought with a snorting noise.

"You're going on dates?"

Harry chuckled and turned back to his boyfriend instead. He breathed in his sweet scent, flavoured with the peculiar aroma of the lake and a smile crept across his face. He felt the skin under his touch slowly warming up, while the rhythm of his heart calmed him down like the strongest shot of morphine. He couldn't imagine what he was going to do without him in the next one and a half months.

Louis felt his eyes on him, so he turned around and smiled at him. "Why are you staring at me...?"

" 's just good to know that you belong to me," he admitted it a bit shy. "And I'm the only one who gets to kiss you."

"Wrong." Zayn cut in and gave his best friend a kiss on the cheek.

"I meant, on the lips." the younger one giggled.

"Still wrong." the other started leaning over, but Louis put his hand on his mouth while laughing.

"No, he's kinda right about this one."