07. Tricked

(Derek's P.O.V)

"I could show you to your next class, you know...."

I winked at her, leaning in. "Or....you could just show me something much better."

Veronica chuckled, her voice sultry and her breasts in my view with how low the neckline of the top she had changed into was. Her hand snaked around my neck, bring our faces closer.

"I certainly could."

Just when she was about to kiss me, I turned my head so her lips met my cheek and then pulled away with a grin.

Always leave 'em wanting.

I gave Veronica a dimpled smile as I grabbed a coke and started sipping on it. "Not now, babe."

She rolled her eyes, though still surely confident that we would be finishing what she wanted to start.

But right now I wasn't really in that mood.

She was the one who had approached me this morning as well.

Veronica Welsh, daughter of the Mayor of Ladenhill, was hot as hell. She huffed and then smirked at me, her red hair loose as she stood up. "Later, babe."

With that she sashayed away to her little posse of cheerleaders and I watched her swaying hips.

Hmm....Kitkat has a better ass.

I shook my head and then narrowed my eyes, instantly finding her in the crowded cafeteria.

It was lunch and after the James incident - don't worry you'll know - in third period, Lila had all but abandoned me with Warren and Michael. Just like she'd said earlier that I better stick to Warren which brought Michael into the picture automatically.

Who by the way were really cool company but of course no one is a match for Kitkat.

My eyes narrowed further and my lips turned down as I stared at the mahogany haired beauty seated a good distance from us with James, chuckling and talking.

A hand slapped my back and I groaned.

Warren laughed, "Stop sulking, Derek. Won't do you any good."

I sipped my coke as a response.

And yes, I'm still sulking.

"Look, no offence because she's been wanting to do that for a long time but Laden High rarely gets new students." Michael stated in an attempt to comfort me but his blue eyes were lit up in laughter as well.

"And, uhm, no one would be as good as you." Warren made a patronising face and I gave him a 'really?' look.

"James is a fucking five foot nerdy blonde! Not some bulky hunk." I mumbled sourly, "I got played, man. I was tricked. "

"You were." Warren and Michael affirmed and I glared at them.

"But Nora's cute." Michael glanced at Kitkat's table.

I rose a brow and leaned towards Warren. "Something between them?"

The cringe he had made me do a double take. "What?"

He sighed, "Its more than obvious to everyone on this planet that Nora has a crush on him but I still don't get if Michael's playing hard to get or what when it comes to her. Its like he just loses all his senses in the literal sense."

I blinked and then smothered a laugh.

Warren shot me a grin, "I know. Happens. Now get over yourself or Lila will never let you hear the end of it."