50. Be Mine, Kitkat

(Lila's P.O.V)

Two days passed just like that and as Grace and I strolled in the backyard, me using a cruch, I felt a little peaceful.

I'd explained everything in detail to Grace when she arrived back in town. It was liberating to have so many people know my secrets. I wasn't the enigmatic mysterious average girl to them anymore but honestly speaking, it made me feel lighter to have expressed these suffocating thoughts.

I guess my therapist would be proud.

Oh, wait my new Diego-assigned therapist actually might be. The FBI was admant about it so I didn't really have much of a choice. 

My parents were glad for it too though.

Which reminds me that Diego visted yesterday and checked up on me. He also made it clear that he won't be returning to Ladenhill. The FBI hadn't decided what to do with Blue yet but I sure hoped they assigned someone else to take care of the fight club/pub.

Right after that conversation though, Warren had found me.

I still remembered our conversation like it was crystal clear water.

"Do you love him?"

"I think so." I lifted a shoulder helplessly.

He smiled, "I'm happy for you."

I couldn't help but stare at him and wonder if my friend would ever move on from me. "What about you? Anyone new?"

For some reason, Rebecca flashed into my mind when I thought of Warren moving on. She seemed like someone he'd been growing closer too and not just in the friendly manner.

He snickered. "You think forgetting you is easy?" 

My shoulders slumped. I wanted him to be happy. Warren Knight was a good guy. He was similar to Derek in many ways and perhaps that was why I'd liked him too. But we weren't meant to be.

That was not to say he didn't matter to me. He did. Warren looked out for me, he worried and cared and his connection to Mellisa meant we had a relationship no one else would ever be able to realize.

So it was only natural that I wanted him to forget me and find happiness elsewhere.

He sighed. "I'm trying. I'm sure it'll be easier when it's time to head out of Ladenhill and for college." He pointed out.

I nodded, "That's a good point."

Unrequited love sucked. Both Warren and Rebecca were like kindred spirits in this regard though.

He opened his arms, "I hope he treats you like a Queen."

I smiled ruefully, bidding goodbye to the weary feeling I had every time we saw each other. "I hope you find yourself a girl that knows you're a King." I sank in his arms and we just stayed there.

Hugging and letting go of dreary feelings together.

"Your story seems so unrealistic sometimes." Grace remarked.

"But it's not."

My sister nodded. 

"So you were here." Cameron's voice dragged our attention and we saw the green eyed man.

"Hey, Cam." Grace greeted him with a side hug and I smiled.

I was smiling a lot more these days. I guess Derek takes the most credit for this positive change.