37. Connections

(Lila's P.O.V)

I wasn't anxious.

Not at all.

Nor was I curious about what Rebecca had to say to Derek. It didn't concern me after all.

So then why did I feel this uneasy?

As soon as the bell rang, I was out of my seat and headed to my locker, hoping to catch a glimpse of the two people on my mind.

What were the chances Rebecca would confess to Derek now of all times?

That would make things so much more complicated because see, I don't want to see that asshole with other girls.

There, I said it.

I'm not laying claim or being jealous.

It's a simple feeling that comes over when you don't want someone you like to be with another person who likes them.

Romantically.

I groaned as I processed my own messed up thoughts, being jostled by the crowd as I finally reached my locker.

The pale yellow walls stared back at me, steel lockers banging around us and chatter filling the hallway.

Exchanging my books, I tried keeping my mind off of Rebecca and Derek.

Is there any chance he'll accept her confession?

The prospect left a sour taste in my mouth and I frowned, hating that I was thinking about Derek and worrying about his feelings when I still hadn't sorted mine out.

I turned around, looking to see if I could catch Rebecca. She was nowhere in sight though and the warning bell for the last period rang.

Uneasiness coiled in my stomach but I took my phone out and replied to Cam's messages.

Cam: Is Veronica really fine?

Me: How many more times will you ask? I'll say the same thing: No. From your standards. Of course she's having it hard. Why don't you just text her yourself?

Cam: I'm a scared cat when it comes to her :)

I snickered.

Me: Plz don't be.

Me: Btw, new update about my neighbour - he dated Tatiana Gambino

Cam: The fuck??

Me: Yep. And I think I may have feelings for him.

Cam: ......

Cam: Again. WHAT!?!?

Cam: I thought you hated him though? Plus with this connection, you're still willing to like, what, confess or date?

Me: Well, I still do think he's annoying. Very annoying but...he has his merits. And no, I'm not dating or confessing.