09. Deep Talks

(Lila's P.O.V)

It was Thursday already and my evening was passing by uneventful and calm.

No one was home and after I'd ended my call with Grace who was having a good time back at Uni with her boyfriend Eric, I was so not going to open my school textbooks.

She made me jealous.

And so I was killing time. Not that watching the beauty that is How I Met Your Mother could ever be a waste of time.

So here I was in Grace's room on the ground floor. Meaning it was below mine and away from Derek's line of sight which was all I was asking for, really.

I was on the good part of the Goat episode of How I Met Your Mother where on Ted's birthday Barney took him away because he had slept with Robin and was trying to find a loophole in the Bro Code and Lily was housing a goat.

And then the goat ate their towel while in the bathroom, wearing a party hat because....yes.

I chuckled and then my phone pinged.

I switched it on and when I saw Looney Tunes flashing on the message box, my chuckles died down real fast.

I didn't want to but I still opened the message.

Looney Tunes: Are you hiding from me, Kitkat? :(

I sighed to myself.

Yes, Derek had somehow gotten my number by Tuesday afternoon and proceeded to bug me by texting between classes. I considered blocking him but then he'd just annoy the hell out of me in person.

At least I could leave him on read this way.

And yes, I'd also saved his name as Looney Tunes because he still refused to stop calling me Kitkat and I still don't know where that nickname for me originated from so tit for tat, I guess.

Looney Tunes: You're not in your room.

I raised a brow at the text and peeked out of the curtain in Grace's room to see Derek upstairs in his room, texting while peeking into my room.

So not creepy. Nope.

Another text lit up my screen and I read it.

Looney Tunes: But I know you're home.

My lips twitched in amusement but I still didn't respond.

He had enough friends, both males and uhm, females (with benefits). I acknowledged Derek as much as I'd acknowledge seeing Veronica wearing red which goes to say - not at all. Unfortunately he never fails to put a spotlight on me in any classes we share or during breaks.

Looney Tunes: I'm lobely.

Looney Tunes: Lonely* but that works too ;)

I almost told Warren he was better than Derek once this week.

And that was when Derek took to opening my hair and re-braiding it in the middle of History class yesterday and then proceeding to ask the other girls for some accessories silently.

If I was permitted to do it and it wouldn't get me more attention than Derek already had, I'd punch the lights out of him so his face would be unrecognizable. Sadly, I couldn't even turn around or he'd pull my hair and the teacher was already glancing at me suspiciously.