10. Friday Fights

(Derek's P.O.V)

"Okay, it's Friday and I'm fucking pumped!" Warren grinned as he plopped down next to me in the cafeteria and took out his apple.

Michael chuckled, "I second that."

"Why? Is some big party happening?" I rose a confused brow.

They both gave me sinister grins and leaned closer and I stopped munching on my - yes, I know - Kitkat.

The irony is not lost on me. I'm super conscious.

Rebecca slipped onto the empty seat on our table and our attention was on her for a moment.

Warren raised a brow at her intrusion, "Where's Veronica?"

"She's...busy." Rebecca blushed and we all chuckled.

No secret what she had to be busy with.

"Anyways what were you guys talking about?" She looked at us all, her pretty brown eyes sparkling with questions.

She was surprisingly, unlike Veronica, unwilling to have quickies and all. I had learned some stuff over this week. She dated and then she slept with people. Most of the time. I mean can you blame her for having one night stands once in a blue moon?

I don't.

Michael leaned back in his seat, blonde hair ruffled. "It's Friday."

"Ah." A look of realization dawned on Rebecca's face and she gave me a grin too, similar to the guys'.

Okay, now I'm really intrigued. What more entertainment is this town hiding?

"Just wait till it's seven." Rebecca assured me, "You'll see." Then she turned to the guys. "You're taking him with you, correct?"

Warren gave a 'Duh' look, "Obviously, Rebecca. Can't let Derek miss out on that."

"On what?" I groaned.

Rebecca bit into her burger, "The Fights."

I perked up instantly. "The Fights?" I ran a hand through my dark dyed hair.

"Yep. Two hot girls beating the shit out of guys double their size." Warren regarded me with a grin.

I let out a low whistle, "Whoa, seriously?"

Michael nodded, "Yeah, but they keep their identities a secret. They're from our town only though."

"So it it that difficult to figure out who they are?"

"You can try once you attend an official fight tonight and see it for yourself." Warren commented, finishing his Monstar. "It's gonna be epic."

"They're both smoking hot."

Rebecca rolled her eyes, "You guys are such.....guys."

Warren turned to face her. "No offense, Rebecca but have you seen the Wildcat when she fights? That skill? And that toned body?"

Michael chimed in, "Not that The Leopard's any less. She's really good too. But yeah."

Rebecca pursed her lips.

"You coming or..." Warren let his question trail off and Rebecca sighed.

"Nope, it's a Friday so you know I have French classes."

I was seriously impressed now. I thought Ladenhill would be a quiet, boring town but honestly, I'm starting to like this town very slowly.

I inquired, "The Wildcat and The Leopard?"