Epilogue

TEN YEARS LATER

(Lila's P.O.V)

"Where in the world is your boyfriend?"

I turned around and saw Diego in a tux, a dressed up pretty Tasha accompanying him.

Idle chatter filtered in and Chanel fragrances were overpowering my senses. I eyed the wine glass a waiter took past me and I knew a drink would do me well.

But at the sight of the people before me, my eyes widened. "What are you guys doing here!?"

"Derek invited us. You weren't planning to?"

I just looked between the two and they sighed. "Don't start."

I chuckled, sliding a hand down my own teal cocktail dress. Derek liked it a whole lot and so what better time to wear it than our ten-year anniversary party, no?

Other guests milled around the big hall we'd booked for today's party and I saw a few of my coworkers waving at me.

Diego caught it, "Go attend to your guests, we'll talk later." The FBI agent was still fine-looking and his expressions were still on the lower side of the scale but to me his mere presence meant the world.

We met only a few times in the past ten-years. I know, quite sad but our bond was unbreakable. Or so I liked to think.

He was busy and always hopping about but with Derek being an FBI Agent too, we cross paths sometimes.

The kingsflame necklace adored my neck and went well with the outfit, having garnered more than a few compliments.

"Thank you, have a glass of wine and tons of fun, please." I smiled in amusement at Tasha as she guzzled down the wine and blushed.

Leaving the two, I made my way across the dancefloor. The guests had been arriving for the past one hour and we had a damn long list.

I can't believe how many people are here because my boyfriend invited them without consulting me.

I'm going to kill him.

But before that, I need to hug my best friend.

"Ohmygod! Nora!" I glanced at Michael with a smile, "Michael."

Michael and Nora got married last year and I'm pretty sure at twenty-eight, they were still in their honeymoon phase. I was so happy for them though.

The fact that they'd stayed together and even gotten married was a big deal. I know how hard it gets with a long-distance relationship first hand and then the subsequent trust issues. Derek and I had a few rough patches in our relationship too, especially when we both went for our internships. We were lucky enough to have gotten into NYC and then found success.

But then for about two years we barely got to meet what with my Journalism career sending me all over the world-still does-and Derek's training for the Special Agent position in the FBI.

Sometimes when he's undercover and I can't reach him, I find myself anxious beyond words but then he comes back home with some silly souvenir from whatever place he'd been to and I find myself kissing him like a starved person.

It's our new game.

Giving each other souvenirs because we both tend to travel a fair bit.

After graduation, Diego had visited us and offered a career in the FBI. I'd already decided where my calling was and declined but Derek took the offer up. I supported him.