01. Oblivious

(Lila's P.O.V)

I liked planning. Knowing what my future could entail.

I do not like unpredictability but well, that's life. My routine being disrupted made me antsy, considering all my cloak and dagger shit but it's not like I'm the Goddess of Fate or something.

Okay, no.

I just like to sound philosophical sometimes.

I hadn't expected to get hit badly today but my side ached with every movement.

I hummed to myself as I put the key into the door, turning the lock and walked into my two-storey sub-urban house.

"I'm back, Grace!" Calling to my 19 year old college-going sister because I knew my parents weren't home, I gulped down a glass of water quickly.

Whoa, I was thirsty.

No, not in that way either, ugh.

"Kay!"

Sighing heavily as I heard her reply, I headed to my room upstairs.

Gosh.....I really, really do stink. 

My muscles were a tad sore too but the adrenaline rush of being a street fighter at Blue was always worth it. In a boring town like Ladenhill, this kept things interesting.

If only that was it.... 

The exhaustion was simply a given.

I quickly took off my shoes and dropped my gym bag down on the floor.

Taking off my black shirt in one sweep, I quickly took out the purple coloured mask from my bag and stuffed it under my mattress.

I winced slightly and cursed the good hit my third opponent of the night had managed to land. I could see the skin turning slightly purple.

I'd taken a quick shower before leaving Blue but that hadn't been good enough. I still felt sweaty and gross.

I carefully went over to the mirror and with deft hands took out the purple hair extensions from my hair.

They were three centimetres wide strands of fake purple hair that I attached to my hair. They gave an illusion of a girl with purple highlights and went with my embraced color theme.

Letting my mahogany colored hair out of the rubber band so it flowed down to my waist, I headed to the bathroom with my towel and clothes in hand while being mindful of the slight bruise I had on my side.

First things first: I needed to take a shower because I was sweaty as hell and I absolutely hated it.

•♤•

I stifled a yawn as I scrolled my Instagram before closing it.

Blue's fan account had posted a picture of tonight's fights and I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel a tad bit proud and well....uncomfortable.

Even after two years of it.

The account was private and only Ladenhill exclusive if such a thing existed.

Only my schoolmates to be exact and some adults who wouldn't freak.

But this was a usual occurrence I was aware of and used to. Plus, my parents weren't big on social media at all and Grace was the only one who knew in my family so the chances of anyone stumbling upon it were very less.