06. Annoying Guys

(Lila's P.O.V)

I quickly took a seat, the lunatic following my example and then slowly I felt my smirk slipping away as the door flew open again.

I resisted the urge, I really did, but I groaned.

We hadn't encountered each other since morning and it was a Monday, meaning two days since he'd last seen me. Or irritated me. Besides, we both knew Bio was a class we shared.

As Warren Knight's eyes roamed over the shushed classroom, I rubbed my temple looking away and found Derek giving me a raised eyebrow. I knew Warren spotted me because that very second, chatter resumed in the class meaning he'd moved on. 

And knowing that our Bio teacher turned demon - Mrs Saint (Yes, that is her name and she is indeed married and far from anything church related in all senses) was always at least fifteen minutes late to class was not comforting.

Any other time I'd rejoice in that fact but not when I happened to share the dreaded class with Warren and that too in addition to Mr Looney Tunes Derek from now on.

I was in for some more annoying.

My phone pinged and I checked in. Cursing internally, I quickly sent the text to Tasha confirming my presence for Friday's fights.

When I looked back up again, the attractive chestnut haired, brown-eyed Soccer Captain didn't do something cliche like sit besides me.

Although with the stereotypical bad-boy already taking that place, it'd be kinda difficult.

My life is becoming a disaster.

I deeply breathed in as Warren sat behind me, preparing myself. Derek shot me a curious look and I gave him a deadly one.

I slowly went to pick up the huge and heavy biology textbook.

"Hey, Li-"

And then I proceeded to smack the book backwards right beside my face where Warren had leaned close and started to speak.

I sighed in mild satisfaction at the 'Oomf' sound that resulted.

The book shut his trap right away and I heard a melodious groan as I hoped the impact broke his nose.

Which wouldn't happen because despite the book being heavy, arrogant boys are apparently made up of tougher material.

•♤•

(Derek's P.O.V)

"Hey, Li-"

Smack.

I blinked in surprise as the guy groaned. 

Did she just smack him in the face with the heavy-ass biology textbook?

Nice. 

And also making me scoot a bit further away from the violent woman. Maybe I should stop putting my hands on her after all....

Nah, I'll just tame her.

I rose a brow and glanced at the guy who rubbed his nose and then placed his hands on the back of Lila's seat before leaning over. "Do you know what you just did?"

"Something I should've done harder."

"Lila..." He whined. Kitkat turned around and smacked him upside the head. 

"I'm already irritated enough, will you please be nice?"

He gave her a sweet smile. "I'm always nice to you."