03. A Nuisance

(Lila's P.O.V)

I grinned and pushed the ten bucks into my pocket before taking a seat at the dining table of the Greyson household.

The house was decked in shades of brown and beige and seemed quite elegant. Grace came and sat besides me while the seat across from mine became inhabited by Derek.

I didn't look at him.

Though I still remembered his pretty copper colored eyes and the slight dimple on the left cheek when he smirked. Yes, he made me ten bucks richer but it also proved my theory right.

"It's good to have you here, Paul and Ally. Welcome to Ladenhill." My mom smiled.

My father and Mr Greyson were occupying the seats on either head of the table while my mom and Ally sat beside them. I was next to Grace who was opposite to Desiree but I was stuck across Derek. There was one spare seat but that remained unoccupied. 

You probably didn't catch all that. I know, I skip those parts of directional visualization when I'm reading books too.

The food was served and the turkey was real good. The lasagna too. I chewed slowly, observing my surroundings.

"I'm Desiree but you can call me Desi." The pretty brown-haired girl introduced herself and within no time Grace and Desi were gushing over similar interests since Desi was just a year older than Grace which made her twenty.

I, unlike them, was not having a good time. 

Glancing to my right I saw the adults were conversing very well with laughs and smiles being exchanged. 

I sighed and finally, discreetly looked up from my plate to Derek.

When Grace said he was H-A-W-T she was telling the truth. But I'd never give either of them the satisfaction of knowing that. After I entered, it took some willpower to not start checking him out at once.

He was in a casual dress code too but his toned muscles and abs couldn't be hidden. He had the hint of a tattoo peaking from under the collar of his shirt, like twined flames. I had a feeling it wasn't his only tattoo either.

From what I'd gauged when we met, he was around six feet tall which sucked because I was five nine - I love my height, though - so he was still taller. And boy did he have the height doing wonders for him.

Derek's hair was jet black and on closer inspection, revealed his hair was actually dyed a really dark blue which passed off as almost black but the lights and angles reflected it sometimes which was seriously attractive. Plus, his hair was the perfect length. The one where you just wanna run you hands through it, tugging slightly during a good make out sessio–

Shut up, Lila.

Copper eyes made his bad boy look complete but the dimple instead of looking only adorable made him look simply tempting and I bit my tongue.

I wasn't going to judge him based on first looks and meets but I wasn't going to get all chummy with him either.

I was happy keeping my distance from the magnets for trouble and popularity and we all knew Derek was one of those. He hadn't been rude thankfully.

Only playful, perverted and arrogant so far.

But I was expecting that anyways. 

I hope he isn't a prideful and hot-headed bastard.

Derek had the similar type of arrogance and obnoxiousness that Warren did though. And boy, we know how that goes. My heart skipped a beat and I realized how defined his clean shaven jawline was.