11. Holy Turn On

(Derek's P.O.V)

"Lila won't join us?" 

I rose a brow at Warren as we all neared this place called Blue where the Fights took place.

I may or may not have looked for the steel-grey eyed girl but back home she was nowhere to be found and despite irking her in class by repeatedly blowing raspberries on her neck - in turn inhaling that really amazing scent of peaches - I wasn't done with my Kitkat time for today.

Warren shook his head, "Nope. She's probably in the library at the moment. Doesn't look like it, but Lila's not a fan of fights at all. Considering how much she hates attention."

Huh, funny. I thought she could be really violent.

As we pulled in and Michael turned off his truck's ignition he added, "Also, kindly keep this place a secret, kay?"

I nodded.

Michael pushed open the door and War and I followed.

I let out a slow whistle.

Warren grinned at me, "I know, right?"

"But the real deal is downstairs. And we should move because we probably already missed three fights." Michael was pumped too.

I observed our surroundings and it looked like a classy coffee shop but further in, tucked away from the first line of sight was a bar and there was definitely no coffee being served. Low lights danced over the expanse and a mellow song played in the background but something about the place just had you getting excited.

And I'm sure I'd be even more excited once I got a good look at the hot stuff here.

As we made our way through the crowd of like, twenty plus teens and ten adults, I inquired.

"But wait, underage drinking and fighting.....what about the town's people worrying bout it?

I mean not everyone's parents would side with a lifestyle like this and I was sure of that.

"About that, see that bartender? Yeah, he's actually a policeman. But not so loyal to the force I suppose 'cause Pablo and Diego definitely won him over to our side." Warren's words only made half sense to me till Michael further explained.

"See, like we said, not everyone knows of Black & Blue. They just know about the coffee shop Blue. And considering how small the town is, the teenagers have kind of made this our place. In fear of us maybe going off the rails, our parents did do something."

War flashed a smile to a guy who almost looked like a bouncer and he nodded before letting all three of us pass. The environment down the flight of stairs that greeted me had my eyebrows reaching my hairline.

Warren picked up where the blonde had left off and I listened, "That something was getting Alan to be here on babysitting duty on weekends and Friday's." Then he glanced at me, "Alan is 22. So you know, legal and in police but still someone who the kids would be fine with watching over them. Alan's always been like a big brother though and he's pretty chill. He doesn't let us do crazy shit but drinking and sex and all that is fine."

I snickered, "So the chaperone is only a chaperone in name."

The heat from the crowd was palpable and I had to take off my leather jacket while Michael handed me and War solo cups of booze. There was hardcore DJ music pouring in from the speakers on the sides and it was pretty noisy. Made me question the population again but I knew it was just the kids and some cool adults.

Man, this was so good.

Michael frowned, "Not exactly, Alan does take care of us. And lets us do what we want. Look, its a win-win situation. No parents are worried and no kids are sulking. It works amazingly. Blue is our spot, you know?" He had to yell over the music and chatter to be heard.