13. Messed Up

(Lila's P.O.V)

"Maybe you were actually a bit mean." Nora puckered her lips, swirling her fork in the noodles on her cafeteria plate. They looked good. Tasted even better.

I would know. Because unlike her, I was also eating them.

"Not maybe."

"You're mean."

"Thought we already settled that back in Sophomore year?" I quirked a brow in amusement as the blonde narrowed her eyes at me, hiding behind her glasses.

"Poor Derek."

I nodded wistfully. "Yes, poor Derek. Not poor me. Because your best friend doesn't matter."

I thought maybe there'd be something different between Derek and I after he saw me–in Wildcat form –fight. Not like he knew who I was but I expected a torrent of how hot she–I–was and how he'd like to bang me or something. That kind of words from him bombarding me first thing in the morning was what I was expecting.

All he'd done was casually ask me if I'd ever seen The Wildcat fight. I said yes and he gave me a nod of acknowledgement with the words, "She's really a good fighter though. The body's a given.The mystery is addicting."

I was curious, like any normal person, at his unique response and words but I wasn't going to broach the subject. The lesser my second identity and I were to interact in conversations, the better for me.

Yet, with today being Wednesday, I was sad to report that Derek's experience at Blue hadn't taken his attention off of me. I'm not sure if I want him to focus on me or Wildcat. Neither is appealing or any better.

And I also arrived at the conclusion that I'd need to visit Blue again today for a good workout. I had too much violent energy gathering. Maybe I'd even spar with Diego because I definitely wanted to hit flesh and not animate objects.

Nothing had changed and Derek was still as worthy of his nickname as Looney Tunes as he had been last week.

Nora rolled her eyes, "He's not that bad. You give him a hard time. Have you seen how hot he is? You're better than him though, don't worry."

I stopped chewing mid-way to give her a glare.

She slapped my shoulder playfully and I gave a droll look. "Thanks for the vote of confidence, James."

"He's still recovering from the James prank by the way." Nora mused, giggling, finally eating some of the long noodles. "It was funny. But mean."

She's such an angel.

"You seem to like him." I commented and stuffed myself with more noodles.

Nora nodded, "He amuses me because he gets you so irritated."

I sighed and looked at her, considering if she deserved her glasses to be hidden for a day or two. I decided it wouldn't hurt as much as her betrayal.

Heh.

"By the way, Michael and I exchanged numbers." Nora was almost squealing. "We–"

"Wait, wait, wait!" I stopped her, my fork hanging in mid-air as I gave her an incredulous look.

She returned it with a curious one telling me to get on with it so she could continue.

"You didn't have his number till now?"

Nora blushed hard and looked away in embarrassment, fiddling with her glasses.  "Um. Well...."

I now saw her in a new light. The light where it's possible for someone like Nora to not have Michael's number despite going to the same school for three years. Plus the only other people she and I even interact with are War and Michael so I don't get it.