04. Sly Intentions

(Lila's P.O.V)

"You should show me around. It'll be fun."

"Death by torture can be fun too." I took out my blue and black sneakers and started putting them on. "For you, not me. I refuse to go through with that."

"Come on! We're going to the same place anyways."

"Doesn't mean I have to see you again."

"We'll probably be sharing classes."

I gasped horrified and dramatically peeked out my window to look at the dark haired boy leaning against his own window. "Why, I sure hope not!" 

He rose a brow in amusement. "You won't regret it."

 "I already do." I snickered and glanced at him. "And that is just a thought."

I grabbed my fluffy white sweater and put it on, a great combo with my black jeans. I hate winters, but till like mid-May it won't start getting warmer in Ladenhill. And it was still mid-April.

You know, he's not really trying very hard to convince me. It's just like a formality. Like, he has something else planned and that makes me cautious of him.

"Won't change anything." Derek shrugged, grinning and I gave him an unimpressed look, eyes narrowed.

Its hardly seven-thirty and this guy is irritating me on a school morning. That too about showing him around school.

An 'offer' that I've promptly refused.

How horrible of me.

"Have a nice first day." I smiled fakely at Derek, closing my window blinds and exited my room.

I mean, does he have any idea what he's asking of me? Besides, I don't want to receive any limelight, glares from girls or double torture from obnoxious boys.

Warren does enough of that.

I hugged Grace who was leaving for college again today by eleven. I wouldn't see her for a couple of months. But video-calls were our savior. 

"Don't miss me too much, go to parties and try to get passing grades, Grace." I winked at her jokingly. "And surely have hot make-out sessions with Eric."

She laughed. "And you have a fun time living next door to Greyson. You both were at it so early already." She suggestively wiggled her eyebrows and I smacked her shoulder.

"Shut up. You know it's all in your head." 

With that, I was about to leave when my Mom stopped me.

"Hey, Lila. Take these to the Greysons'." 

I blinked. "Um....Mom...are these--"

"--Keys to our house? Yes, they are." I gave her an incredulous look and she rolled her eyes. 

"Why?"

"You're alone almost always so they can keep an eye on you. Just in case."

My eyebrow twitched. 

Just because my mom was a doctor who was hard-working and almost always at work and my dad was a well-known lawyer and my sister in a college in Boston, didn't mean I wasn't fine.

Just sometimes lonely. I love my parents and I know they love me back and its not intentional ignoring. Just that they have hectic schedules and work.

"This wasn't the case for the past six years though, Mom. This was never a bother."

But I shrugged and in order to not waste time, took the keys and headed to the house next door.

•♤•