Ch- 42 ★And the Curtains drop

Ch-42 And the Curtains drop

                                The hospitals lights and smell of antiseptic was almost unbearable. The only thing that made it slightly bearable was Jays hand wrapped around mine as the nurse finished tying the bandage around my thigh.

                Xavier, Jake, and their entire gang had been taken into police custody. I had been rushed to a hospital nearby while Sam was being interrogated at the police station. I've been here for a couple hours or so and the doctors have taken out the bullets from my shoulder and thigh. It was a painful process since the doctors hadn't bothered numbing the area with anesthesia.

                Jay and my parents had arrived at hospital half an hour ago. Mom and Dad were relieved that I was okay and were currently filing out the hospital forms and making payments. 

On the other hand, Jay hadn't utter a single word since his arrival.

                He stood by side, patiently, his lips pressed into a thin line.

The nurse handed me some painkillers. Finally they acknowledge the pain I'm in. I quickly swallow the tablets and wait for them to set into action. 

The nurse turned her head to speak with Jay. "Sir, make sure she sits upright, laying down won't help the blood flow."

Jay gave her a curt nod, his eyes shooting daggers through me.

Once the nurse was out the door, Jay's hand left mine. He was raging full on, the brown in his eyes darkened, his jaw tightened. I swear there was a nerve twitching in his forehead.

"I'm sorry," I smiled meekly.

"Sorry? You're sorry. God damn it, you're sorry," He ran his hand through his hair, tousling them in even further.

"I wanted to save you," My heartrate quickened. "I love you, Jay."

For a moment, he seemed to be at a loss of words to say. He looked dazed. "Are you kidding me?"

                "No, I really do love you."

He shook his head, frustrated. "You would risk your life for me,"

                "I'm willing to die for you — I had really meant it,"

"I don't want you to die for me. I want you to live, Aulaura. Because of me, you would have died today. Do realize what I would have done if something happened to you?"

                His skin had paled significantly. Almost as though Jay had seen a ghost.

                "I said I'm sorry?"

"Sorry doesn't cover it," He breathed out and gripped my shoulders tightly. I could see fear, panic crowd his eyes.

                "You did the same thing for me. When my parachute had punctured, you risked your life for me."

"I didn't have a choice then. You were going to die instantly if I hadn't done something. With Jake threats, I wasn't going to die. I was going to rot in jail but I wasn't going to die."

                "What? You think that was a better option?"

"This scares me, Aura. You're reckless, completely wild. You don't think twice before doing something completely dangerous. What's wrong with you?"

I sighed. "There's nothing wrong with me. I just wanted to save you. Like you once said, we're alike. I know you would have done the same thing,"

There was a loud knock on the door, interrupting whatever Jay was about to say.