Ch-36 ★Of Devils & Angels

Ch-36  ★Of Devils & Angels

             [Jay]

            When my heart first sped for Aulaura, it was written in stone that I would bring her to tears. I would be the reason for her despair. Only God knows how hard I’ve tried to keep her away from me. I failed; I’ve failed her and myself.

            I’m sorry, Aulaura, I’m sorry for loving you.

The downpour of the rain brought the countryside to life. Orbs of rainwater were dripping across her cheeks.  Her shallow breaths fell across my shoulder, drowning me in the sweet smell of mint.

            “Once a upon a time a boy loved a girl so much that he couldn’t bear to live a life without her. He always believed that the girl felt the same way. He was stupid enough to believe that she did,”

            “What is this? A fairytale?” She whispered in a chocked voice.

I laughed without meaning to. “It’s my worst nightmare,”

            She sucked in a sharp piece of air. I reached out for her, my arms found her waist and pulled her closer to my body. Why? I don’t know- I had feeling she was going to run away from me again.

            I kissed her forehead. She sighed. It was absolutely blissful. If only we could stay like this forever.

            “And then?”

“Mhm” My lips grazed at the crook of her neck before pulling away. “She didn’t even know what love was when she was with me. Melody eventually did fall in love,”

            Aura stiffened in my arms. “She fell in love with someone else,”

I closed my eyes, the image of Melody standing beside Jake’s brother, Xavier flashed in front of me.

            Melody held his hand. She had asked me to come to a date with her. Little did I know what her true intentions were.  She had brought Xavier with her. I thought they were only friends. She never told me that she loved him.

            “Jay, it wasn’t supposed to end like this,” She broke out. “We can still be friends,”

            “Never,” I barked, angrily. “You lied to me all this time. I was an idiot to have believed you. Matt was right. I shouldn’t have loved you the way I did. You never deserved my love,”

            “Jay,” Xavier held Melody tightly against his chest. He was tall and handsome. Nothing like me. He had the perfect build since he was a star football player. I didn’t want to pick a fight with him, knowing how all of this was going to end.

            “This isn’t her fault. She didn’t want to hurt you,” He spoke calmly. Of course he was going to be calm. He freaking stole my girlfriend. “She loves me and it’s for the best if you accept that,”

            “You know what mate,” I placed my hand on his shoulder. “Keep her. She’s going to ditch you the same way she’s leaving me,”

            I opened my eyes, not wanting to remember the terrible fight that followed. If Melody hadn’t pulled us apart, both of us would have ended up dead.

            “His name was Xavier Thompson. He wasn’t a bad guy. We used to best friends. Three of us, Matthew, Xavier, and me, were inseparable. We knew each other better than our own bloody parents. Those were the days,” I smiled nostalgically.