Ch-6 ★Untold stories

Song: Kiss me slowly by Parachute

Ch-6 ★ Untold stories

It was snowing. The snowflakes with small, beautiful designs floated from the grey sky above to the ground. They surrounded us like white shimmering confetti. The moon shone in the sky smiling at London. Jay was about to move back until I grabbed his hand. Hesitantly, I held onto his hand, my fingers wrapped around it. His hand was warm, providing me comfort in the cold night, shedding away the fear from my heart. It was him and he was all I needed-for now.

He looked at me, his eyebrows furrowed together as his memorizing brown eyes studied my face. “Dance with me.” I whispered. There was an indecisive expression on his face. “Please,” I urged him.

He finally gave in, nodding his head slightly with a small, wavering smile on his lips as his eyes shone with in the scanty moonlight.

A soft, melodious tune started playing from the speakers. Jay shook off his jacket in one shift motion, tossing it over to Dale who caught it with both his hands. Silence entwined the mellow tune of the song stirred the icy air.

He held both of my hands, placing them on his shoulders while he placed his own hands on my waist. Bringing me closer to him, he wrapped me in his body heat. I don’t know what we were doing. I don't know what I was doing.

I lost myself to music in its sweet sound, my body flowing with its tune. We were two birds in the sky, soaring through its expanse endlessly and beyond. Chasing after the sun for it was the hope that kept us going.

Then we parted ways, we had different pasts, different stories to tell. We separated from each other and moved on our own accord. The stories we were about to tell were the untold stories we had hidden inside our insecure hearts, burdening our souls. They were the things we feared to share with others.

Jay’s hands bolted high above his head telling a story of fame and glory. I reached forward signaling my attraction to his fame as a fan. His hands spread wide and above finally closing upon his heart, his eyes became bright with an joy unknown to me, the joy of love. Then suddenly his moves became rapid, labored and his eyes became misty. It was the story of his downfall. The things he had lost while gaining fame.

He brought his hands to his heart, slamming his chest telling me a story of betrayal. Jay curled up within himself in a sharp, quick gesture as he withdrew from me in a swift moment. It was the story of loneliness and gloom that had haunted him. Finally he leaped forward, reaching forward for something but there was this strange horror in his eyes as he realized he could not grasp it, he had lost something that could not be regained.

But that wasn’t the end of his story, he moved both of his hands upwards towards the sky, his arms were slanting sideways indicating the arrival of hope. Then his eyes darkened, there was a storm stirring inside of them, a storm of questions because that piece of hope was in reality a hidden curse for him. And that was the end of his untold story. The story I understood. It wasn’t spoken out loud but I understood it. In each and every gesture, the underlying scars of sorrows. I could see them. I could feel them under my skin. 

The beat dropped. He wrapped his hand around my waist moving slowing to the music. He reached for my cheeks, cupping them in his warm palm as he wiped the tears that had somehow fallen from my eyes. His thumb gently stroked my face. I placed my hand on his chest, above his heart in the hope of taking away the burdened from his heart. I felt the steady thumps of his heart as an unknown feeling emerged through my soul. It was strange. No-words could describe it. My heart began beating faster than usual while mind spun in circles.

I stepped back. I didn’t like this feeling. It was irrational, confusing. It was scary for it loosened my control over myself. I didn’t like it.  No, I didn’t need this feeling.