Ch-8 ★Unexpected Visit

[Aulaura]

Eastside, London

It was magnificent apartment complex in which Jay lived. There were tall, blue walls with water flowing down them shielded by fiber-glass sheets. White, erect pillars had been placed by the entrance. Large aquariums filled with exotic fishes were placed by the lounge area. A slow, quiet song drifted through the reception area. This place looked like a giant undersea world even the lights were of a blue color. No-wonder it was called the Oceanic Enclave.

I stood in front of the reception. Jay’s manager had said Jay would be in his apartment right now, he doesn’t head for the studio before eight o’clock. It was currently six in the morning.  I hope Jay was awake right now.

 The receptionist was sitting behind a marble counter with her eyes glued to the computer screen.  She was wearing a tight-black suit. I wonder how did this woman breathe in such tight suit.  She looked quite young, maybe in her early twenties. Long, black locks fell down her back, adorning her oval shaped face.

“Excuse me?” I spoke, her eyes snapped in my direction. She smiled an overly sweet smile.

She folded her hands on top of her arms. “How may I help you Madame?”

“Can you tell which way is apartment 413?” Her smile flattered a bit as she pressed her lips into a thin line. She looked at me as though I had asked her to give me her car.

“Why do you want to meet Jay?” she narrowed her eyes at me. Her eyes shifted to the jacket I had been holding. “And what are doing with his jacket?” why was she acting like an overly attached girlfriend?

“None of your business,” I tightened my hold on Jay’s jacket, afraid she might snatch it for my hands. Who was she anyways?

She looked unfazed by my reply and continued to stare at me like she wanted me to disappear from the face of earth. I can assure you if looks could kill, I probably would have been choked to death by now. Ouch!

“He’s mine,” she sneered through her lip-glossed mouth.

 I held up my hands. “I’m not asking for him either. I’m just asking you where is his apartment is,”

“Keep you dirty hands off him,” What the hell was wrong with her. “He’s mine do you understand?”

“What are you? His girlfriend,” I let out an exasperated sigh.

 “No...” Her face fell a little. “I’m...” She looked like a lost puppy, except she wasn’t cute. “Um I’m....”  Then her eyes lighted up again with pert happiness. “But I will be someday till then you better stay away from him,”

I let out a sigh, here we go again. “He’s mine and mine only,” she pounded her fist against the counter. Maybe I should look for his apartment by myself or I should ask someone else. I scanned the lobby there was no-one here except for her. Great!

I returned my attention back to Mrs. Crazy headed women. She pointed her finger at me. “If you ever touch him, I will break these little fingers of yours one by one. I will snap them apart-“

“Britney!” Another voice entered the lobby causing the mad receptionist to shut-up. Thank God. I turned to see, a very strict looking man standing behind me. His blonde hair had been neatly combed. He was wearing a crisp, black suit with a blue tie. I looked at the silver nametag pinned to his chest which said Andrew Coff, assistant manager of the Oceanic Enclave.

“How many times do I have to warn you not to mess with guest? Do you want to get fired or what?”

The receptionist bowed her head a bit. “No, sir,” she shook her violently. I almost felt bad for her, almost....Nah, she deserved it for almost chewing my ears off with her jabbering.