Ch-3 ★Just like her

Ch-3 ★Just like her

[Jay]

Blue Diamond Banquet Hall, London

Backstage, everyone was busy setting up the equipment. James, the base guitarist was helping Roger, the keyboardist; place the keyboard stand behind my microphone stand. The background singers were going over the songs we had to perform. It had been quite a hustle today; we had just finished off a concert at the tricity theatre before rushing to the venue for Mr. Grey’s daughter’s birthday party.

Matthew was still nowhere to be been seen. Where was my loyal, curly haired friend? He wasn’t particularly in the mood for performing at the birthday but I can't perform without him. He was the drummer, an important part of my music and its rhythm.  His drum set was already here meaning he would arrive here sooner or later.

Speaking of the devil, he stepped in through the back entrance. His curly, brown flopping up and down his forehead as his green eyes held the most uninterested expression in them. The shirt he was wearing had a big ketchup stain on it and some pieces of lettuce had been sticking out of the corners of his mouth. Of course, he had gone to some fast-food junkyard. There is one thing I’ve learned about my friend is that he is always hunger. No-matter how much he has eaten. He will still manage to squeeze in some more. I wonder if there was some sort of black hole in his stomach in which all the food disappeared.

“Matt, you know you look like a teenage boy who hasn’t showered in ages,” I said when he approached me.

He just brushed off my insult with lazy smile “Whatever,”

“Ready to perform,” I adjusted my guitar’s leather strap around my neck. I had this guitar since my very first concert; Melody had gifted it to me. I’ve kept it with me ever since. I gently stroked its purple covering, my fingers tracing the silver thunderbolt at its edges.

“Man, I seriously don’t get it why are we performing at a kid’s birthday party,”

I fixed chords tightening them where they needed to be tightened. “Because that kid happens to Mr. Grey’s daughter,” Matthew looked slightly annoyed. “And let me remind you Mr. Grey happens to our new sponsor,”

“But you are the world’s biggest rock-star, you don’t need to perform at this stupid party,” His face was being to redden with anger.

“Mr. Grey is the world’s richest man. I can’t afford to get on his bad side,” I replied calmly. I really don’t know why Matthew was being so difficult today. He usually isn’t like this. He’s the one who thinks through every situation.

“This performance will ruin your reputation. The paparazzi outside they’re making fun of you saying that Jay Walters is willing to perform anywhere for money even in a pig-stack,”

I got it now. The paparazzi were the reason my friend wasn’t being himself today. He could never bear listening to anyone shit talk about me.

“That’s true. As long as I get to perform, I will perform anywhere. Don’t you get it? I’m a performer. This is my job,”

Matthew still didn’t look convinced. “Your reputation will be screwed if you keep doing this,”

“It doesn’t matter-“

“Nothing matters to you anymore,” He interrupted with his green eyes burning with anger and his lips pressed in a bitter line. “Ever since Melody,”

“Don’t” I didn’t want to hear what he had to say. I didn’t want my wounds to be scrapped again.

“I’m not going to stop,” He took hold of my shoulders. “She is not coming back. She never will-”

Mr. Rockstar is SoldOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara