Ch-22 ★Kiss of life

Ch-22 ★Kiss of life

[Aulaura]

I looked over to Jay, who sat beside me- dangerously silent- his hands gripping the steering-wheel tightly, veins protruding outwards. He drove my black Mercedes, zooming through the traffic, overtaking one car after another. At this rate he will get us into an accident. I understood now why he insisted on driving us to my dad's office. He wanted a way to vent out the anger that was boiling inside him.

"Aren't you going to ask me why we're going to my dad's office?"

He stiffened- clenching his jaw- then glanced at me. The expression on his face caught me off-guard. He looked so torn like there was something he wanted to say but he couldn't. After a moment of hesitation, he turned his attention back to the road.

"No, I'm not," He sighed. "Does it even matter?"

I frowned. My heart falling to the pit of my stomach- a strange nauseate feeling took control of me -he wasn't happy and neither was I. "Why? Why do you say that?"

"You own me. You can do whatever you want and I can't argue with it"

Feeling at a loss of words, I stared down at my empty lap- my fingers intermingling with the lace of my white cardigan.

"We're going to tell my parents about this marriage before they find out from someone else,"

He took a sharp turn, jolting me in my seat, the belt dug into my neck. My eyes found their way to his face. He didn't look angry like I expected him to be.

He was smiling, his lips curved into the thinnest of smiles. "Let's get this show on the road,"

Is it me? Or He is better an actor than gave him credit for.

~*~*~

Innovation Headquarters, London

Out of all of the things in my unexpected life, there was one thing I certainly expected and that was my father's uncontainable fury and my mother's shocked disappointment.

But life surprised me again but this is time I was pleasantly surprised.

We walked into my father's sparely decorated office, the pale walls staring at me-almost repulsively. In a quick second, Jay hand was wrapped around mine- a firm expression on his face as he strode beside, unafraid. He was confusing me. I know shouldn't be surprised after all he's doing job. I cringed at the word.

Mom and dad were sitting by on the leather couches- apparently they were a new addition to dad's office because I had never seen it there before. That was not all that had changed, the blinds were parted letting all the light flow into the room. Mom was laughing- so freely- something I hadn't seen since forever while dad just watched her with a smile on his face.

I almost felt flabbergasted, watching them here, together and more than that they were happy. My eyes took everything in, memorizing the scene in front of me.

For a moment, I wanted to run away like always. I couldn't hurt them right now like this.

I wasn't ready for this. I shouldn't have done this. I shouldn't have married Jay. This isn't right.

My hand left Jay's hand. He stared at me, his eyebrows drawled together in confusion. "Everything alright?" He spoke loud enough for mom and dad to hear.

Their eyes snapped in our direction.

"Crap," I muttered under my breath.

"Aulaura," Dad came up to me, fixing his coat with mom following his lead. "What brings you here?"