Ch-24 ★Gone, Gone

Ch-24 ★Gone, Gone

Eastside, London

                [Jay]

                I got back to the apartment tired and worn out. My meeting with Sam had not gone well. She was devastated and that’s a nicer way to put it. Matthew was horribly upset with me when I returned to the studio. The release date was approaching and we were no-where close to finish. The album was terrible and I wanted to quit. So I did what I needed to, I cancelled the album until I could find my melody back, which I probably won’t…ever.

            My hands reached for the door knob, twisting it, I stepped inside. Everything was dark inside. It looked like Aulaura hadn’t bothered turning the lights. Maybe she had gone home afterall it was like ten p.m. but something told me she wouldn’t leave me so easily.

            I flipped on the lights-instantly light fled the room. There she sat on the black, leather coaches I had gotten few months backs when Beatrice had come to visit. Aulaura sat so still like she was a frozen ice figurine. She didn’t look up at me as I tossed my jacket onto sofa next to her. I watched her eyes as she stared at the blank T.V., expressionless. Something was off.

            “Aulaura,” I said, hesitantly placed my hand on her shoulder. She flinched as her eyes found mine. “Everything alright?”

            She got up from the coach, staring right into my eyes. She laughed. I couldn’t tell if she laughing or crying. Her lips were curved upwards yet her eyes they were crinkled like she sobbing.

            “Why do you care about me Mr. Rockstar?”

I wish I could answer that question but there were too many things pulling me down. So I didn’t say anything.

            She started crying. Tears fell out of her lovely blue eyes. She was so strong- well she always pretended to be. In reality she wasn’t and I figured that out a long time ago.

            I wrapped my arms her and held her close to me. She fought with me, her hands trying to push off-she slammed her hands my chest, punching with me with all her strength but I didn’t dare to let her go no-matter how much it hurt, I didn’t dare to loosen my grip.

            “Why?” She screamed. “Why?” She choked in between her tears.

I don’t why she was so upset. But something had happened while I was gone. It took every, single fiber in my body to keep myself from asking her that question. Because whatever it was, it would only upset her more.

She stopped fighting and rested her head against my chest. I picked her up in my arms. I saw that she hadn’t stopped crying, silent tears slid down her cheeks as she looked at everything other than me. It pained me to see her like that. I wish there was something I could do. “I’ll tell your mom you’re staying with me for tonight,”

“No,” She whispered. “I’m fine,”

“You’re not,” I argued.

            “Please put me down. It’s getting late and I have to get back home,”

“This is home,” The words left my mouth before I could stop them.

            She looked at me, surprised. The surprised look was soon replaced by a blank expression. The tears had stopped now. I put her down on the floor.

We stood in the hall, silently. I saw her glance at the blue door, the door behind which I had hidden all of Melodies memories.

She turned around to stare at me. “This place could never be home to me,”