Ch-16 ★Raspberry Croissants

[Aulaura]

I felt this strange warmth on one side of my body. There was subtle, comforting smell surrounding me. It was almost like I was drowning, trying to swim in an ocean of comfort. I don’t care if I was drowning. I wanted to stay here, be here until the end of time.

Tugging myself to the side, I peeled open an eyelid. He had his arms wound around my waist pulling me closer to him, away from the coldness. A gray shirt was bundled around his shoulders and a black quilt was draped across us.

Closing my eyes, I snuggled into him. It felt right like we were meant to be.

I lowered my head into his chest, the gentle, steady beats of his hearts faintly vibrated under my ear. It was music to my ears.

My arms drew themselves together, curling into him. I stayed like that until I fell asleep and once again I was drowning.

~*~*~

I woke up, this time I felt hollow as an aching feeling entered my chest. He was gone, leaving me to the coldness. I didn’t have the strength to get up. My ocean of comfort was gone. I no longer had something to drown in.

~*~*~

Sunnyvale, London

I stared outside the car’s window, watching the surroundings vanish into a distant blur. Cars, tall towering buildings, and the gentle hum of the rain filled the window with a spellbinding scene. He was sitting next to me, taking me somewhere for breakfast.

When I woke up this morning, I found a beautiful floral, cotton dress waiting for me on the edge of the bed. I didn’t question him about the clothes, slipping them on. I walked into the living where he had been waiting for me.

He wanted to take me out for breakfast since he claimed he wasn’t a good cook. I don’t know why he was being so nice to me. Was it because he’s a nice guy or he cared for me? I really wanted to believe in the second option.

Looking at my side, I watched him stare intently at the road filled with bustling activity. It was raining ever so slightly as droplets of rain slid down the vacant windows.

He looked so different today, so relaxed and calm. Maybe it was because of the casual attire. A soft, cream colored sweater clung to his lanky frame, paired with pitch black trousers. I admit the dull, cream shade really suited his complexion, making him look like a scrumptious greek god.  

He tapped the steering wheel, waiting for the signal to go green. There was a slight crease in between his eyebrows. His brown eyes were lost in some sort of war, I could tell, there was that lost look in them. He was calm on the outside but on the inside there was some sort of turmoil going on. I could sense it. My fingertips could grasp the tension in his eyes. It was almost palpable.

I wish he would share some of his burdens with me. I doubt that will be happening anytime soon. An audible sigh escaped my lips.

His eyes snapped towards me causing the breaths to get stuck in my windpipe. My mouth was half open and half closed. I’m sure I looked very unattractive right now.

 “I’m not boring you. Am I?” He angled his body towards me, at same time keeping an eye on the road. There was the smallest of smiles on his lips.

I shook my head, strands of hair falling out of my bun. “No, of-course not,” I responded too quickly.

His smile grew and so did my heart-beats. I was trying to get used to those flipping, churning things my stomach would do whenever he smiled. His smile was a health hazard, so infectiously dangerous. It made my body do strange, creepy things.