Ch-2 ★Surprises

Ch-2 ★Surprises

[Aulaura]

Grey Mansion, London

“In the latest gossip, the twenty-four year old singer was last seen at the Princeton boarding school for girls,” The women with thick chunks of makeup spoke. Then to her side flashed a picture of Jay holding hands of seven or eight year old girl, She had curly brown hair, ringlets of her hair fell to the side of her face framing her heart-shaped face.

She had the brightest pair blue of eyes that I have ever seen,-mischief glinted in those eyes. Wearing an orange colored frock, she stood next to Jay smiling brightly at him. That tender look on Jay Walter’s face was something I’ve never seen before. The cresses of his wavering smile showed hidden patches of sorrow.  He looked at the girl as though his life depend on her; the fear of losing her in his brown eyes couldn’t be ignored. Maybe I was imagining all of this.  I tend to overthink situations sometimes looking for things that aren’t there.

“Unnamed sources say this girl has been adopted by the rock-star who has no intentions of getting married and starting his own family.” What! I wanted to punch that reporters face for saying that. Jay Walter was going to get married to me in fact, yah I know I sound like a star-struck girl but come on a girl can dream. I scooped another spoonful of chocolate ice-cream and stuffed it in my mouth. I have two words for you chocolate ice-cream +T.V. = heaven.

“She is currently attending the Princeton boarding school for girls which one of the finest schools in the country.”  Then flashed a picture of this posh school building with perfectly trimmed grass, it looked more like office building than a school, no sign of color.  “All I can say is that this girl, Beatrice is sure one lucky girl for having a guardian like Jay Walter. Till the next time stay tuned to Hollywood Hot Gossip, your host Melissa,” After that came some random recap of a recent football match in which Netherlands won over Germany.

 I stayed rooted to my comfortable, pink sofa, stuffing scoop after scoop of ice-cream in my mouth. I wonder if Jay really did adopt a girl named Beatrice. The thing that was puzzling me the most was why wouldn’t he want to start a family? He had everything money, fame, a crowd of screaming fans or did he have everything? What was that one he was missing? There is always some sort of sorrow in every human’s life maybe he hadn’t recovered from that sorrow or something and that look in his eyes, the way he looked Beatrice. This strange fear of losing her haunted his eyes.  That intense look he gave her, even though he smiled with his lips his eyes told an entirely different story, a story of loss.

I let out an exhausted sigh as I leaned back into my sofa, closing my eyes for a moment. My moment of peace was interrupted by the one and only, Samantha. She stepped into the movie room wearing a glamorous, silver dress that fell till her ankles enclosing them in silver. Her blonde hair was tied up in a tight ponytail showing off her dangling earrings.  She turned on the lights, burning my eyes to ashes.

“Ouch, Sam why would you torture your poor friend like that?” I placed my hands in front of my eyes, shielding them from the blazing light of the light bulb.

She crossed her arms over her chest and looked at me with a face that screamed ‘I so annoyed with you that it isn’t even funny’

“Aren’t you forgetting something my dear friend?’

What did I forget now? I tried pressuring my brain trying to think of the answer. Okay so Sam is dressed up in this really fancy outfit. That could only mean two things either she is going to a date or she’s going clubbing. She isn’t the clubbing type, she more of a staying at home and baking cookies type. So clubbing is a big no, no so that means only one thing she’s going on a date.