Ch-37 ★Snowy peaked Mountains

            Shell Gas station, Galveston 

[Aura]

            During the past year, I had made friends, new bonds with strangers who had managed to make me smile even in the bleakest of times. I owed them a proper farewell. You could say that I’ve learned my lesson. Leaving someone without a second glance back hurts and I didn’t want to hurt them.

            I entered the store as the tiny bells above the door chimed softly. Drake looked up from the counter on which he had his books scattered. Fringes of his blonde hair were covering his eyebrows while his left arm was tightly bandaged.

            He gave me his usual cheery grin. “Rough day yesterday, huh?”

“How’s your arm?” I asked him.

            He shrugged his shoulder and leaned on the counter to stare at me. “You al’right?”

“Yah...” I tried smiling but failed miserably. How in the world am I supposed break this piece of news to them?  At the precise moment, Martha came from the back of the store, carrying a box in her arms.

            She smiled slyly at me. “Oh brought your boyfriend along today, didn’t you?” She gestured towards the Jay who was standing in the parking lot, leaning causally against his red convertible. “He finally found you,”

            Drake gave us a confused look. “Who? What? Where?”  He ran over to the store’s window and pressed his face against the glass. “Holy shit! Isn’t that Jay Walters?

            I ignored Drake who was completely dumbstruck as his eyes shifted from me to Jay.

“Martha, you told him that I was working here?”  I asked, surprised. She did know who I really am afterall. Of-course she did. Her knowing smile said it all.

            “Nope,” She set down the box on the counter. It made a rattling sound.

“Then how?” Words seemed to have abandoned me. How had it not occurred to me? What was Jay doing in Galveston?

            “He called few weeks back and I told him that you were in Galveston,” Everything made sense. Mom probably had given Jay my number.

            “Thank you” I walked over Martha and gave her a hug. “If you hadn’t done this for me, I would have lived the rest of my life in regret,”

            “I know, dear,” She patted my shoulder, before turning towards her attentions towards the boxes filled with cans. “I suppose you’re here to tell us that you’re leaving,” She sneaked a quick glance at my face.

            I nodded my head, solemnly.

“Good,” She left the store, giving Drake a pitying smile as she left.

            “You’re leaving? Where are you going?”  Drake’s ocean blue eyes were wide and as clear as the air surrounding us.

            My fingers were tangled together. It never occurred to how terrible I was at farewells. I absolutely detested them.

            “London,” I whispered. “Back home. My family misses me,”

He stood there still like I had fired a bullet into his chest.

            “My real name is Aulaura Grey,”

“It doesn’t matter to me what about your real name,” Drake breathed out. He bit down on his lips. “I don’t care if you’re some rich brat but you were my friend and maybe more,”

I inconspicuously dabbed the moisture from my eyes. “I’m sorry-“

He broke my sentence by attacking me with a heartwarming hug. “You know I don’t care who you date or how great London is. You have to come back to Texas,” He pulled away, still holding my arms in his hands and grinned. “Plus you won’t find Texas sized burgers anywhere,”

I laughed. “I’ll always come back for burgers and” Drake grin seemed to be growing wider. “And for you,”

✩★✩★✩

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Note: I swear I’m losing my mind. Sorry for the short update. I’m just having a really hard time writing that’s all.One part me wants to quickly end this book and another part of me is constantly reminding of all the things I had planned out. I want to give you guys a proper end without dragging the plotline even further. Argh!