Ch-14 ★Words meet Heartbeats

[Jay]

I had thrown all rationality out of the window.  I know it’s wrong. I know this is wrong. Damn, I can’t stop, she’s just so annoyingly addicting.

I loved feeling of her soft strands running through my fingers. I loved her smooth, small hands trailing down my jaw. I loved her scent, that sweet-peppered smell that surrounded her small body. Her lips, ah they were so amazing. They moved in a perfect, slow delicious synch.  That warmth, that feeling of her body next to mine made my heart go wild.

There was nothing more I wanted right now. That’s a lie. I wanted her, now. Damn, why wouldn’t this feeling go away?  I had no control over myself.  My body was reacting in a way opposite to my mind.

My mind was screaming. Stop.  You’re gonna get yourself into shit-loads of problems.

But I didn’t care.

Maybe for once, I was willing to lose myself.  For once, I’m going to do what my heart wanted. I’m tired of listening to my brain. For once, in a very long time, I’ve felt my heart beat again.  I thought it would never beat again. It was nothing more than a dead weight in my chest but now it was an electric, juvenile machine.

It was beating again and it was beating for Aulaura. She had brought the dead machine to life.

I lifted her off the counter, wrapping my arms around her waist as she wrapped her legs around me. Her lips were still glued to mine, mine to hers.

Her body was so close to mine, so tortuously close. These feelings.-that vicious lust was taking over me. I felt her fingers trail down my chest, stop at my belt.

I placed my hand on her hand, stopping her hand.

We have to stop. We’re going too far, skidding through a dangerous territory. That’s the limit. That is as far as I will let my heart go.

I can’t mess up Aulaura, I just can’t she. I don’t want her to get hurt. She doesn’t deserve someone like me. She’s a beautiful, irreplaceable rose and I’m nothing but the thorns.

I drew back from her lips instantly missing them and set her on the counter. Her chest rose in rapid manner as beads of sweat trickled down her forehead, past her innocently, daring blue eyes. Even my breaths were rapid; I could feel an aching in my lungs.

 There was a painful, red blush tainting her cheeks complimented by the wild, red highlights in her brown hair.

I stepped back, distancing myself from her. I stood inches away from her knees.

“I should go back,” She breathed out, looking at the granite counter, avoiding my gaze.

“I don’t think you should,” I quickly spoke, her eyes retracted upwards, staring at me.

She furrowed her eyebrows together, biting on the corners of her lips in an annoyingly cute way. Damn, stop doing that Aulaura I won’t be able to control myself. “What?”

“It’s late,” I ran my hands threw my hair.  “London isn’t the safest place at this hour,”

She shrugged her shoulders. “I can handle myself,” She pushed herself off the counter, the instant she landed on her feet, she shut her eyelids tightly, shaking her head violently as a jolt shook her body. For a moment, it felt as though I was the one who was experiencing the pain, her pain.

I rushed to her side, spiraling my arms around her back. She lowered her head into my chest; a series of terrifying shivers shook her body.

I held onto her hand, which had paled significantly. “Are you okay? Man, I should have taken to you to the hospital.  Why do I even bother listening to you? You’re so stub-“

The words dissolved away in my mouth when I felt her arms wound themselves around me, hugging me, softly yet tight enough to know she’s was alright.  She placed her head on my chest, her warms breaths cascading down my neck.

It felt good. To know she was safe in my arms, she was alright.

“You wouldn’t mind if I stay the night?”  She mumbled into my chest. Her grip around me loosened slightly, she was exhausted. I could sense the tiredness in her voice.

“No,” I whispered, embracing her tightly, I didn’t want her to slip away. “I want you to stay,”

“Than-“That word, thanks she was about to say were going to limit everything.   

“Don’t,” I stopped her. “I doing this for my own sake,”

“Why?” Her voice was barely above a whisper, she couldn’t hide that longing in her voice.

I didn’t understand what she was saying. I didn’t understand what she was asking. I didn’t know what she wanted me to say.

She was leaving me, alone. Isn’t this what I’ve always wanted for her to disappear? No, no. A blood-curdling scream left my mouth. I tried grasping for her but she was slipping away. I was going to lose her.

So I said what I’ve always feared to say. “I don’t want to lose you,”

She clenched the back of my shirt with her fist. “You’re not talking about me,” I could sense the hurt in her voice.

“Then who am I talking about?” I asked her, confused.

“Melody,” 

Note: The next part will the last chapter before things start going downhill. Things are about to get intense, hold on tightly. I don’t want to lose you guys. :)

Comment! And make me feel very, very happy.

Cheerio,

Tak