Ch-26 ★Bullet

Ch-26  ★Bullet

            [Jay]

            A loud deafening scream jolted right up in bed. My eyes adjusted to the sparse light in the grand room. I heard it again that same sharp scream. It was coming from the room next door. Aulaura.

            God, something was wrong. Something was deadly wrong.

My feet carried me away from bed; in an instant the comforter slipped off my bare chest- cold floors hit my feet.  I could feel my hands tremble terribly as I unlocked the door to her room.

There she sat in tangled bundle of sheets. The lights were on.  I approached her cautiously. Her entire body shook with sobs and her eyes they were bloodshot red- the same color as her highlights.

            I sat down next to her, taking her shoulders in my hands. I made her turn to face me. She took me in, unsettling fear in her eyes as tears left them faster with each passing second.

            I wound my arms around her. She sunk into me, resting her head on my chest. I could feel her tears against my skin. Agonizing pain encompassed my heart. It took each and every fiber in my body to bear her torn state.

            She wound her arms around my neck. “Jay-ay” She croaked. 

“I’m here,” I whispered in her ear. “It’s going to be alright,”

            Her grip tightened, she rose to sit on her knees with her entire side pressed against mine.  She shook her head. “It’s not. It’s never going to be alright,”

             I brought lifted her in my arms, so she would be sitting in my lap, slowly I unwound my arms from her-she let me go as well. I titled her head so she would meet my eyes. “What happened? Bad Dream?”

            “I’ve made big mistake,” She rambled, staring at her hand as though she had committed a murder. “I’m a monster. Monster! What have I done? I’ve gone insane. This isn’t what I was supposed to do.” She began shivering with each and every word the jolts of terror would increase. What in the world was she talking about?

            Panic crawled under my skin. I had no idea on how to calm her down.

“How could I? How? I- I” She cried on.

I have to do this. I have to calm her down before she loses it.  I cupped her face in my hands. She stared at me but she wasn’t looking at me, no, her mind was still trapped in that dream she had.

            I have to bring her back. I have to bring her back before it’s too late. Before my mind could restrain me, I smashed my lips against hers.           

            For a moment, I felt her freeze in my arms. Slowly, I could feel her lips move against mine. The dead weight like heart sped inside my chest. She placed her hands on my chest. I think she could feel it. I know that’s what made her respond with more force.

            My arms lowered her onto the bed, the silk sheets getting caught in our legs. I lay on top of her, my eyes shut, her body underneath. I placed my arms on either side of her face, not wanting to choke her with my weight.

            She hands fell off chest and began wondering on my back. It was getting harder and harder for me to control myself. A moan escaped my lips before I could stop it, her lips parted letting me gain entrance to her mouth. A sweet vanilla like taste entered my mouth.

My senses were in overdrive. This was pure heaven. I don’t think I’ve ever felt like this before. My heart was wild, an insane beast pounding wildly in my rib-cage.