Ch-10 ★Hero

Ch-10 ★Hero

[Aulaura]

He was angry, no he was furious.

The blue cloth slipped out of my fingers, landing on the floor with a soft, shuffle sound. I had a crossed a line, I was standing on one side of the line and he stood on the other side, his arms up, preventing anyone from joining him.

His Raven, black hair lay in a tousled mess while his once warm, brown eyes were now stirring with nerve racking rage. He looked mad enough to create havoc. Hands were held in a tight fist as he constantly clenched and unclenched them.  The red tint on his skin bellowed the anger burning inside of him, the fire was rising burning everything in its path and I was standing in its path.

He walked towards me, his eyes fixed on the frame behind me. The empty alcohol bottles getting crunched under his feet. I cringed.

He stopped in front of me, his tall body towering over my small one. The bags under his eyes showed that he still hadn’t recovered from the infection. He really needed to rest.

I gulped, my heart hammering against my ribcage. The portions of my stomach churned painfully. It wasn’t just because of fear, there was something else working its wheels and chains. His proximity, his scent filled my sense. The smell of dried, cigarette smoke and something else, I couldn’t put a finger on it. The smell held freshness to it mixed with a drizzle of sadness. It rose from him and dissolved into me.

What was happening? This isn’t sane. I should be terrified by the presence of the man in front of me but instead I was savoring his nearness.

“How did you dare to enter this room?” he hissed, breaking the trance I had been set in. His chest rose and fell rapidly. I could see he was trying to control his anger.

“I-I wha-wa” I couldn’t get coherent words to escape my lonesome mouth. “The sound,”

He narrowed his eyes. “What sound?” He stepped forward, closer to me, as I stepped back away from him.

“The clock,” I pointed towards it. “Its alarm went off so-so I-I came to stop it,” I stuttered, feeling breathless. 

He kept on advancing towards me, looking into my eyes. He tried finding something in them, to see if they agreed with my mouth.  I didn’t realize when my back hit the wall, I was caught and there was no escape. My heartbeats were wild now, I could feel color rise towards my cheeks.

“Leave,” He spoke notch lower than before. He was so close, just inches away. I could see the golden flecks in his brown eyes.  His eyes darkened, destroying the light inside them.

I felt myself tremble ever so slightly.  “What?”

“Leave!” he yelled loud enough to make me jump.

“I’m so-sorry I hadn’t meant to intrude I-“

Suddenly he gripped my arms painfully, his nails digging into my bare flesh. I winced in pain. I felt something hot trickle down my arms. I looked at it and saw droplets of blood sliding down my pale arms.

“Pretend like you never saw any of this,” The expression on his face told me that I shouldn’t mess with him.

I nodded my head. A sinking realization settled itself in my chest. In my dreams he was the hero who had saved me from Hunter but in reality he wasn’t the hero I was looking for.  He was my worst nightmare. 

Looking into his eyes, few emotions cracked through them. There were waves of sorrow and despair colliding upon one another, crashing against the sole ray of hope.  Why was he doing this to himself? Why was he letting go of hope?