Ch-4 ★Let Him In

Ch-4 Let Him In

[Aulaura]

“I’m Jay Walter,” He held out his hand for me to take. I was surprised that I wasn’t ogling my eyes out at him. Jay Walter- dark, brown eyes, black hair that put the night sky to shame, and that perfect subtle outlining his sharp jaw was what perfectly described him. He had his hands casually stuffed into the pockets of black leather jacket he wore while he stood in relaxed pose; his shoulders leaned back and his back straight as a pillar. Not to forget he was smiling at me. Jay Walter was smiling at me. I could jump fifty feet in air I was so happy and do a little clover-day dance.

I took his rough hand giving it a firm shake. “Aulaura Grey,” I grinned, my teeth probably putting on a show. I just couldn’t hide the smile building inside of me. The Jay Walter whose music I listened to 24/7 was in front of my eyes, talking to me. It’s like he had just popped out of a poster and ka-boom there he was.

Dad turned to face me. “Aulaura, I have to go attend some important clients. Can you please keep Mr. Walter company?” I had almost forgotten that my beloved (note the heavy use of sarcasm) was standing here next to me and I had just remembered he had introduced me to Jay as the future CEO of ‘the Innovation’. Why couldn’t he just let it drop? Every second I spent with him he would remind of my responsibility. I hated it. I was beginning to forget about everything with Jay here... until he brought it again. It’s like I couldn’t look at my father’s frekin face without being reminded of my horrid future .

He walked away holding his shoulders in a stiff stance ready to pounce on his next opponent as Mr. Smith, my father’s personal chauffer, followed him.  He stopped by a group of serious looking men and started talking to them with a grave expression.

“This is my friend Matthew,” Jay gestured to the curly haired boy standing next to him. He looked like a messy sort of fellow by the dirty stains on his shirt. Matthew gave me small wave.

I smiled back. He looked awfully familiar. I’ve seen his picture in many of Jay’s photos -oh yah was the drummer.

“Nice to meet you. I must tell you thou you know your drums. Those beats are wicked,” Matthew looked surprised.

He quickly covered his surprise by a small laugh. “So Aulaura Grey knows about me,”

“Of course I do. I’m a big Jay fan,” And that just slipped out of my mouth. Wait for it, wait for it and there it was – a tomato, red blush was now covering my cheeks. This is so mortifying.

Matthew let out an awkward cough raising his eyebrow at Jay who looked more flustered than me.

“It’s great that you’re our fan,” He smiled kindly at me giving Matthew a pointed look.

Matthew muttered something along the lines of “Not ours bro just yours and now what was that you said about not flirting with the Mr. Grey’s daughter,” He said just for Jay to hear but I caught on it too.

Jay gave him dig in his ribs with his elbow. “I wasn’t flirting,”

Then Matthew poked him back with his thumb. “Then what do you call that?”

“Making a civilized conversation something that’s not in your dictionary,”

“Dude that’s not fair I called dibs on her,” I didn’t like the sound of that. Seriously what were these two talking about....yah-I don’t think I wanted to know.

“Okay I’m just going to pretend I’m not here,” Both their faces snapped in my direction at the same time. They looked like two puppies embarrassed for chewing on the master’s shoe.