Ch-21 ★Steal it

Aiden: Aura’s office buddy who she meets with when she goes for internship at her father’s office.

Ch-21 ★Steal it   

[Jay]

            “I’ll transfer ten million pounds into your account,” Aulaura stated in a stiff voice. She quickly tucked away the file in her jean duffel bag.

            I narrowed my eyes, after all this I at least thought she would keep her word but I was wrong yet again… “What about the rest?” I breathed out through gritted teeth- my hands automatically balling up into a fist.

            She noticed this, a sly smile traced lips. “Do really think I’m that stupid?”

“And do you think I’m a fool?” I nearly yelled- it was getting harder and harder to keep my anger under check.

            “Calm down,” She placed a hand on my shoulder; I instantly shrugged away from her touch. I shouldn’t have done that- hurt flashed in her haunting blue eyes- a strange craze reflected off her face.

            But she was darn good at covering up her feelings, just like me. In a blink of an eye, her cool, collected façade was back on.   

Damn- everything she does, everything thing she says reminds me of myself.

“So as I was saying,” She retracted her hand, keeping it by her thigh. I saw the way her hand was trembling. She didn’t want this. I don’t know why I felt like this but even though she was happy that I had sold myself, she clearly didn’t expect me to do this. She didn’t want me to do this. Why?

            “I can’t transfer fifty-five million pounds in one go. First of all my dad might notice such a large transition. Secondly,” Her eyes bore into mine- there was this fierceness in her expression. It caused a chilling shiver to run down my body. “I don’t trust you,” And I don’t  know why that hurt.

            “Why? You own me. It’s sealed in ink. Why would I betray you?”

Urgency covered her face- there was something missing. There was something wrong with this equation.  She owned me. Right? Then why did she look so scared.

“You can run away with my money. You can do anything. God knows. I don’t want to give you any chances to leave me,” A bead of sweat trickled down her forehead; she quickly wiped it with the back of her hand.

“Fine, do whatever you want.” I sighed, defeat. Ten million will suffice for now.

Suddenly she grabbed the hold of my hand, her fingers tangling with mine. I couldn’t ignore the feeling of warmth inside me. “Come on let’s go,” She spoke in a rush. She dragged past the vacant chairs towards the doors.

“Where are we going?” I asked, confused, trailing along- letting her take me wherever she wanted.

“Oh,” She pulled me through the restaurant towards the outer door. “We’re getting married,”

I nearly choked on my own spit- I stopped midway in between the door and the cold air outside. “You’re serious?  I’m not getting marrying yo-“What the hell was she doing? Did she even have a clue?

“Shh,” She placed her finger my lips, a glint of anger in her eyes. “Not another word. I own you remember,”

            Why did she want to marry me? Oh! No…. I knew the answer. I stared into her eyes. Underneath the hate, the anger, the hurt- she couldn’t hide that one emotion. I dreaded that one emotion more than anything.