Ch-25 ★Camera Flashes

[Aulaura]

            The clouds were beneath us. Staring out the oval shaped window, I felt as awed as the first time I had seen them. The view from the plane was amazing, truly breath-halting. This is one of the few reasons I loved to travel. My eyes got a whole treat of delicious views, not that I didn’t have any nice views in London- I looked over to Jay, smiling contently to myself.  

Jay was fast asleep beside me, his eyelids secured over his mesmerizing eyes. I removed the small lever that was between us, lifting it upwards and leaned towards him, my head resting on his shoulder. He smelled so good- a mixture of some strong clone and after-shave. Surprisingly, he didn’t reek of cigarette smoke today. I wonder what had made him stop…

Jay didn’t argue with me, in-fact he didn’t say a word to me and simply followed my request and packed his bags to meet me outside- though I didn’t miss the begrudging look in his eyes as we left the apartment. But this needed to be done, I didn’t have a choice. I wanted Jay far from Sam, far from Melody’s memories and far from everything that troubled him. I wanted to steal him away for few days. Even though I knew he didn’t want this- I couldn’t tell myself to stop. It was clear that he didn’t like me. It was clear he had betrayed me just few hours ago with my sister-like friend yet I couldn’t force myself to hate him.

For a minute my mind lingered back to Sam. No-matter how much I tried to reason with myself I couldn’t shake off the precarious guilt that sat on my chest like a heavy weight.

What was wrong with me? No-matter how vile Sam had been she still was my friend. She had even apologized but I can’t forgive her. No, I won’t ever forgive her. Jay was mine and solely mine. There is no way I was going to let anyone have him.

There was another reason why I was taking Jay away from London. A reason that made me believe I had truly gone insane. Normal people didn’t deal with betrayal like this. They didn’t run away from it instead they faced it head on; confronting the betrayer with the lies he had told.

            But this was me and I didn’t face my problem. I ran away from them. I let them rot in my ignorance, silently praying they would disappear into thin air.

            With a deep, pained sigh, I pushed away these thoughts back into my mind like always. It was my way of coping. When I felt Jay shift towards me and take my hand, everything I had done so far didn’t seem wrong. He made everything feel so right.

            And that was so wrong.

            ~*~*~*~

                        We walked, together through the airport bustling with activity. occasionally few people passing by us would stop and stare. “Hey isn’t that Jay Walter and Aulaura Grey?” I heard some of them whisper amongst themselves.

 I had my hand wrapped around my tiger-print suitcase, its wheels squeaked behind me. Actually I was feeling a little worried. We boarded our flight in London fairly early in the morning that’s why we didn’t have to face any sort of media or paparazzi. But it’s like past noon here in America and news did travel pretty fast these days. So that only meant one thing, a massive crowd of fans and media will be waiting for us. I could feel myself beginning to hyperventilate. That wasn’t good. Nausea began tightening its reigns around me.

I looked over to Jay who didn’t look the least bit bother. He wasn’t wearing his usual outfit- dressed in a pair grey sweatpants and hoodie. Black shades were covering his eyes while a slack-pack was slung across his shoulder. Damn, did he look drop dead gorgeous.